• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Valeo or not Valeo? 2003 E320cdi W211

radiovic

Car
2003 E320 cdi Avantgarde
The only evidence i can see anywhere near the radiator as to what brand it is ---is a sticker on the crossmember right in front of the radiator that says BEHR---is that encouraging???

Does anyone know how i can check for sure-----my VIN is:

WD 82 11 02 62 A 26 37 98

1st registered 16/04/2003

thanks
Vic

The only evidence i can see anywhere near the radiator as to what brand it is ---is a sticker on the crossmember right in front of the radiator that says BEHR---is that encouraging???

Not necessarily!

That crossmember is in fact the turbo intercooler. That is indeed made by Behr. The Valeo rad is more difficult to determine, but if you do a good search in the 'Engine' forum there are loads of threads which tell you how to go looking, and what to look for.

yeah know exactly how you feel vic, if i find anything i'll post it up, cheers

russ

yeah thats what im thinking, so gutted, but theres something about the crimping on them is a way to tell. i think the safest bet is to just change the rad so u know for sure!!!!!!!!! unfortunately!!!

Have a look at this: MBWorld.org Forums - View Single Post - DIY:W203 radiator R&R

The Valeo one has the square crimping. Its pretty easy to spot once you know what you're looking for. If you pop the bonnet and look at the left hand side of the rad (if you're standing in front looking at the engine) you should be able to see some of the crimping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom