• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Very low miles S600 W221 AMG Pack

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
This car has been for sale for a couple of years now
I’m surprised it hasn’t sold yet. At one point the price was really good too, £19k last year but recently it was up for £30k+ on auto trader.

The trader has now decided to put it up for sale on collecting cars.

What do you guys think, will this V12 Mercedes ever be collectible? I don’t just mean the s class but cars like the SL, CL

Will they ever be a bit like the W124 500E or E60 W124?

If it's been for sale for two years it's either not a great car....or been up for too much money.....I think the latter.

Will they ever be a bit like the W124 500E or E60 W124?
Nah, won't be a W124 500E as it wasn't built by Porsche.

It's stuck in that V12 hinterland of "jolly fine cars" made to the highest standard and spec. Think W140 and W220

And that scare the bejabers out of private buyers who curl in a corner, sucking their thumbs and muttering "coil packs and maintenance."

Interesting car: wonder why the low mileage and how long since it was genuinely properly serviced & "brought up to speed?"

Which is not to say that you, of all people, shouldn't buy it, Sam87..... With your portfolio and attention to detail.

"What's a low mileage S600 worth, do you think?" £20k ? £25k ?

Ignore the V12, think about all the "bits n bobs."

Last edited:
If it's been for sale for two years it's either not a great car....or been up for too much money.....I think the latter.

I think the price is too strong as it does look like a very clean car. For what they're asking, you could get an S65AMG

Nah, won't be a W124 500E as it wasn't built by Porsche.

It's stuck in that V12 hinterland of "jolly fine cars" made to the highest standard and spec. Think W140 and W220

And that scare the bejabers out of private buyers who curl in a corner, sucking their thumbs and muttering "coil packs and maintenance."

Interesting car: wonder why the low mileage and how long since it was genuinely properly serviced & "brought up to speed?"

Which is not to say that you, of all people, shouldn't buy it, Sam87..... With your portfolio and attention to detail.

"What's a low mileage S600 worth, do you think?" £20k ? £25k ?

Ignore the V12, think about all the "bits n bobs."

I guess you're right. Like you say the W124 was built by Porsche and when it comes to this V12's, many people like them but the idea of running of this car can put a lot of people off.

The service history is also a good point. Many low mileage cars tend to have patchy service history.

Oh no, not for me. I don't need another V12 😆. The ones I have give me enough headache 🤣........ Saying that, I nearly bought another S600 recently 🫣 it was a W220 but with the BiTurbo engine.

I think £20k for this would be a good price

For sale for a couple of years? All with the trader? Or was it for sale privately and has now been bought by a dealer who's trying to flip it on CC?

I see the MOT history says it's been ticking up by 200 miles a year which I guess is just about enough. A low mileage car which has been garaged I'm personally OK with.

But maybe the set of new cheapy tyres suggests its been sat for extended periods in the sun and the old ones perished?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom