Viano Body Repairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m80

MB Enthusiast
Car
Viano ex long, 651 2014. S211 646 2009 (till the Gov't drones blow 'em off the road)
It's been in for bodywork repairs, following car park damage.
This feels like it might become a saga.

Said to be a 4 day repair, it's now 12 (incl w/e's).
4 days ago repairer stated he has been waiting for paint (Brilliant silver MB9744). This I found disappointing as he had weeks of warning so could have pre arranged and stocked.
The fob off "I will call you later", but nowt.

He queried if the battery had been an issue, as it has gone flat on him twice. No it wasn't, it can stand for a week or more, no issue for me. New Exide battery Jan this year.
Maybe nothing to be worried about, but I'm hopeful he hasn't screwed up recharging.

So before I take a walk up to assess, is the 'waiting for paint' feasible?

Not in my experience of having cars, inc Mercedes painted, but we are in a post pandemic world....
MB main dealer or a local paint supplier could satisfy your curiosity

That said, how did you choose this chap?
Do you know him?
Could you pop along and see the van?

He's not just finding having your van 'available' to him handy is he....

Not in my experience of having cars, inc Mercedes painted, but we are in a post pandemic world....
MB main dealer or a local paint supplier could satisfy your curiosity

That said, how did you choose this chap?
Do you know him?
Could you pop along and see the van?

He's not just finding having your van 'available' to him handy is he....
Rather than the van go to the insurance preferred repairers, that I've had issues with years ago, I chose a local chap. He's done neighbours cars, and seemed ok when I met him.

So I've just walked up to his repair plot. A car or two there, even a Jag he was putting bumper back on when I dropped the Viano off. But no Viano. Mine could be in the spray booth though.
My banging on shutter doors would normally get some attention, but nowt.
His phone isn't connecting.

I installed a tracker some time back. That isn't connecting either. That could be because it's in a steel surrounded area I guess.

I photo'd the mileage prior to drop off, so to compare will be interesting.

It's been in for bodywork repairs, following car park damage.
This feels like it might become a saga.

Said to be a 4 day repair, it's now 12 (incl w/e's).
4 days ago repairer stated he has been waiting for paint (Brilliant silver MB9744). This I found disappointing as he had weeks of warning so could have pre arranged and stocked.
The fob off "I will call you later", but nowt.

He queried if the battery had been an issue, as it has gone flat on him twice. No it wasn't, it can stand for a week or more, no issue for me. New Exide battery Jan this year.
Maybe nothing to be worried about, but I'm hopeful he hasn't screwed up recharging.

So before I take a walk up to assess, is the 'waiting for paint' feasible?
I don't know about the 'commercials' from MB, but I do know that leaving the doors open for any length of time on my S204 caused a surprisingly big amperage draw.
The valeter I know always hooks up a CTek on any car he's working on if the doors will be open for any length of time.

Reactions: m80
I don't know about the 'commercials' from MB, but I do know that leaving the doors open for any length of time on my S204 caused a surprisingly big amperage draw
He may have been listening to the radio, that'll pull the voltage down.
But he having a 210 AMG you think he would be aware. Other cars would be similar.

Responding to a rather curt text, he says the Viano will be back with me later today. He merely needs a lift back from 25 miles away, then clean the drivers seat, then polish the corner of the bumper.
What I find annoying is that if the 2 last items are true, a few minutes of effort would mean I could have had the van back before now.

Check the mileage obviously, but not someone who seems to value repeat business.

Perhaps he under quoted you and put higher paying jobs first - you being one for a 'quiet moment'.

But check the mileage.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom