• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Vito 2017 116 Sport W447 Sliding Doors Not Locking

DrewGee

Car
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport & SLK32 AMG
I've recently replaced the door sensors and contact strips on my Vito and have found the sliding doors won't lock with the central locking or manually. Have tried both key fobs same result? Any ideas would be appreciated as keep equipment in the van.

I would be looking at the locks themselves as the culprit. It needs some electrical testing with a diag machine to find out.

Is it both doors or one door. You should be able to manually lock them from inside. But this will not set the alarm.
If memory serves me correct, if one door lock is not working the other may not work either.
Does it not tell you on the dash the door buttons will light up if not locking or which door it is.
If its both doors then maybe you need further investigation. If it's just the one door then you will need to change the lock £260. I had to do one door and then 6 month later the other door, but to be fair they were both playing up at the same time.
Hours work, easy to do.

Is it both doors or one door. You should be able to manually lock them from inside. But this will not set the alarm.
If memory serves me correct, if one door lock is not working the other may not work either.
Does it not tell you on the dash the door buttons will light up if not locking or which door it is.
If its both doors then maybe you need further investigation. If it's just the one door then you will need to change the lock £260. I had to do one door and then 6 month later the other door, but to be fair they were both playing up at the same time.
Hours work, easy to do.
Thanks for reply, it's both doors with nothing coming up on the dash. The manual door locks won't push down which is frustrating as have t be careful where leave the van (as the rear windows are tinted someone would have to look very closely to see sliding doors not locked).

I can on relate to the 639.
If one of the rear doors fails to lock the others don't. Then the start of diagnosis is to find which door isn't locking automatically.
It's usually a side sliding door, and on higher used mo mo's is likely to be a failed micro switch within a lock mechanism.

The lock mechanism is at the rear of the door, you should be able to see the D hasp it engages with on the C pillar.
As the door is closing, as it just starts to turn toward the hasp I push it, and often it can engage and allow locking.
You may be lucky that adjusting the hasp will allow the lock to engage, but if the micro switch is goosed maybe not. But the knackered micro switch will often allow intermittent locking.

But the inside pin will push down to allow full locking.

Did these work at all once you had replaced the contact pads?
If not it's worth retracing your steps in case you've caused it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom