W/C124 Manual gearbox shifter console bracket search - P/N A1246830306

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Decimus

Car
1975 350SE, 1992 300CE-24 SpotLine, and 2002 SLK320
I posted a bit of a frantic message a few months ago. My car for which I need this part is a 1992 Euro C124 300CE-24 Sportline with 5-speed Getrag manual gearchange. The shifter assembly is meant to snap into A1246830306 which is snapped in place in the console opening. A1246830306 is NLA according to the MB Classic center. We do not have many manual gear change Mercs in the US. I stalk eBay listings in the US, Germany, Austria, France, South Africa, and Italy. Japan as well. Latest sleuthing was in Albania, home to fevered 124 love. No dice!

If any of you have this part - even if is is broken but otherwise complete, I make the following offer to any members: Octoclassics will make a new copy using 3D printing if they have one to copy. I would buy the part and have it copied and return the original with a new copy.

I thought W124 500E headlamps were hard to source but this is even more frustrating. Thank you for reading this tale of woe!

Sorry, I don't have one. Manuals are quite rare here too.

You've maybe seen this already, but this came up on a Google search for the part no. I don't know if it's any good, though. (It's a file, not the actual part)

I hope you find one. I'll keep a lookout on ebay.uk.

It worked for me .
Is that in response to my edited post? If so, I thought I'd found the part for sale on a french spares web site, but when I looked into it a bit more, the site looked a bit dodgy. I removed the link I'd put up to the french site just in case.

If that's not in response to my edited post, just ignore me. I've had a very weird day!

I posted a bit of a frantic message a few months ago. My car for which I need this part is a 1992 Euro C124 300CE-24 Sportline with 5-speed Getrag manual gearchange. The shifter assembly is meant to snap into A1246830306 which is snapped in place in the console opening. A1246830306 is NLA according to the MB Classic center. We do not have many manual gear change Mercs in the US. I stalk eBay listings in the US, Germany, Austria, France, South Africa, and Italy. Japan as well. Latest sleuthing was in Albania, home to fevered 124 love. No dice!

If any of you have this part - even if is is broken but otherwise complete, I make the following offer to any members: Octoclassics will make a new copy using 3D printing if they have one to copy. I would buy the part and have it copied and return the original with a new copy.

I thought W124 500E headlamps were hard to source but this is even more frustrating. Thank you for reading this tale of woe!
Thank you all. I figured out how to attach a photo of the part in its proper location on the console. Please see below. I hope this helps identifying this NLA part.

Attachments

• IMG_4296.jpeg
    IMG_4296.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 9
It worked for me .
If the file worked for you, I would happily pay you to make another two or three. I would pay you for your trouble. I would keep two and send a third to Octpclassic to see if they could copy it.

If the file worked for you, I would happily pay you to make another two or three. I would pay you for your trouble. I would keep two and send a third to Octpclassic to see if they could copy it.
I think he means the link worked, not the file.

Could Octoclassics not try the file referred to upthread?

=NLA
PARTNO 122 in diagram?

B68270000062.950517.jpg

EMAIL them to check fit? Kontakt

(English description)

• Title: frame for shift boot
  • Material: polyamide
  • Manufacturing process: selective laser sintering
  • Color: black
  • Item number: 20210605
  • Further information: Only for manual gearbox

Last edited:
I have a 1246830106 from an 86 300E. I'm not sure what the difference is in part numbers, but it looks the same as the 0306. It is cracked in a few places, so it it could be reproduced, that would be really great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom