• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W124 230e 1992 ride height

FLYPOGGER

Car
Golf
Hi, can someone please tell me me the height from the ground to the top of the wheel arches, front and rear.
I'm still dithering about changing the springs, as my car was lowered by a previous owner.
As an aside, I recently watched a YouTube video about the potential areas of the car that are prone to rust. So armed with an aerosol can of Waxoyl. I nervously removed the jacking point covers.....
3 out of 4 still looking good. 😊 4th one just had loose paint and surface rust.
Area under the washer bottle was unmarked😊
All the drain areas were in good condition as well. Feeling rather pleased.

Other key area is where the rear subframe front mounting points attach to the body[ can be hiddden below underseal]-but if the jacking points are ok then its likely they are sound also

My ‘94 A124 E320 Cab looked good underneath but poking around found a few loose/saggy bits of factory underseal. I removed them & best was light corrosion worst (1) was a hole when rust removed. I’ve now started removing all underseal from backseats backward ( nightmare job) & replacing with bilt hamber zinc primer, 2-part mastic paint then their wax. I dropped the rear dub frame & luckily the mounts have surface corrosion only.
Worth a check!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom