W124 Heater always hot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You have a W124 you should know that your hot or cold air from the dash board is all operated with the help of vacuum pods .

You have a W124 you should know that your hot or cold air from the dash board is all operated with the help of vacuum pods .
I know that being a car without air con or climate control there are no vacuum pods, the flaps are controlled by cables connected to the knob, I know this as I had it all apart yesterday.
I have previously checked the spec of my car with the vin number and Mercedes confirm that there are no pods on this car, or any car with a basic heating system.

Your never on this earth your on fullers earth ,,,no pods,, all the W124 Mercedes cars have these pods ,.or vacuum elements .

Last edited:
My Cabrio does not have AC. Maybe as simple as:
blown fuse, bad fuse contact or break in supply to valve.
picked it up from Cheshire Classic Benz & drove back to Hampshire. Car was on max heat, I was cooking! Fault was as simple as blown fuse, now all removed, contacts cleaned & copper fuses installed to replace mix of old original copper & replacement aluminium ones.( was showed a lot of white powdery build up on contacts.
good luck

Fuse 7, heater control valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom