• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W140 SRS light on after battery drain

1998S280

Car
Mercedes S280
Morning all,
I only use my W140 once a month for a 300 mile round trip to my work office and when I moved at the weekend to give it a wash before this months journey the battery was completely flat. I tried a power pack and also tried jumping from a spare battery but neither worked so I put the battery on charge.
The battery was new in 2023 so I dont expect it to be the battery but did notice that when recharging it never reached "full". After 3 or 4 hours I gave it a go and it started OK but with the SRS light on.
I went to move the car yesterday to go for fuel as I intended to use the car tomorrow for the work journey but the battery was flat again, luckily I have a spare identical battery so I swapped them over and it started up but again the SRS light is and and doesnt go away even after 5 minutes of running.
I suspect a parasitic drain on the battery from somewhere causing the flat battery, any thoughts on this and the SRS light please?

thank you

no thoughts on the SRS light coming on and remaining on after a flat / disconnected battery?
can codes be removed with the cheap OBD diagnostics boxes and phone app?

For SRS codes you'll need STAR or professional equivalent. My local indy does it in exchange for a few beer tokens.

thanks Richard

should the OBD port be behind the flap in the drivers side footwell?20240616_124917.jpg

Wouldn’t this use the 38 pin HHT diagnosics port in the engine bay as might be too early for obd 16 pin ?? but I am no expert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom