• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W168 - Retro Fit heated seats?

Car
w202 c180
Done google searches with no success, but wondered if anyone was in the know.

Can you retro fit heated seats into a W168?
As in purchase car with heated seats and switch pack and fit into another car?
Is wiring in place already for plug and play , or would it be quite involved?
Thanks again

Thanks again
Dunno for sure, but it's doubtful the loom is there and even it it was, you'll almost certainly need coding of any Body Control Module or SAM

Dunno for sure, but it's doubtful the loom is there and even it it was, you'll almost certainly need coding of any Body Control Module or SAM

Correct. And the wiring is not in place, you'll need to fabricate the loom.

But yes, if you get the seats and switch panel from a donor car, then fabricate the loom to the front SAM and SCN code the option, then it will work.

(Re SCN coding: if an option was only ever available as part of an options pack, but not on its own, then you'll need to SCN code the entire options pack, including those other options that you didn't actually retrofit to the car).

PS - if you get this done, don't forget to inform your insurer.

Thanks again
Yes, retro fitting heated seats to a W168 is possible. If I remember correctly, Mercedes provided instructions for this in WIS.

The wiring for the seats is unlikely to be present in your main loom, but might be worth having a look first. Cruise control wiring was present in mine which made that retro fit a lot simpler...

Mercedes made a retro fit sub loom for the seats, I have the part number somewhere if this helps.

No coding is needed, the wiring is pretty straight forward.

So another wanting to retro fit heated seats,nothing wrong with it but. I remember a friend who wanted to retro fit to his W221 and I started to ask on the forum about it,we soon heard from Command who said that there was no wiring loom in place,and yes they could fit my friends car for 2 grand,which given this was at least 8 years ago was a shock.he had bought the MB door controls as he wanted it to look original.and so after a few months he gave up on the idea,I think he gave me the door switches they are in the garage somewhere.
It is a good idea to buy the heated seats as that saves a lot of work,and if you are not looking for original switches that would be easier,I hope that wiring loom is still a current part my bet is that it is not but I wish you well,do not forget to post how you are getting on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom