W169 seat belt replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ngc451

Car
W169 MB A150 Classic
I've recently bought my A150 Classic cheaply. It did, as expected, come with a variety of minor issues which have largely been addressed. However, it has an issue with the driver's side seat belt webbing. It is frayed quite badly and in need of replacement. I have bought a used replacement unit also relatively cheaply. My question is, is it a simple 'unbolt, unclick and reassemble job'? The unit bought, part No. 607718200 shows a manufacture date 26/07/2007. My vehicle is a 2008 model so I'm hoping for compatibility. The unit bought is locked but I presume this due to no power to enable the function of the unfurling of the webbing. Is this the case? Has anyone replaced this component. Will the vehicle need resetting via STARS? There is currently no SRS warning light and I am keen to keep it that way.

UPDATE - reply received from:
Sevan Motors FORRERA

Hi, providing the replacement seat belt is good it should be a plug and play job, no coding required. the seat belt mechanism is locked because it's not level, once fitted it will free itself.

If you've not already done so, check out SMF's great youtube content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom