• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W177 A Class Coolant

SuperSpurs106

Car
A Class AMG Line Executive A200d 2019
Hi, I’ve had the warning that I need to top the coolant up on my car.

Can someone suggest which one I should buy?

TIA

Any quality antifreeze suitable for aluminium engines will be fine, mixed 50/50 with de-ionised water.

Personally, I’d be more interested in finding out why it needs topping up. (Clue: it shouldn’t need topping up).

Any quality antifreeze suitable for aluminium engines will be fine, mixed 50/50 with de-ionised water.

Personally, I’d be more interested in finding out why it needs topping up. (Clue: it shouldn’t need topping up).
Thank you. I will get it looked at.

If it shouldn’t be topped up, is it in the shops to purchase because it has a limited lifespan ie it needs to be replaced from time to time?

If it shouldn’t be topped up, is it in the shops to purchase because it has a limited lifespan ie it needs to be replaced from time to time?
I'm not saying it shouldn't be topped up, rather I'm saying that if the level has dropped there's a reason. It implies there's a leak in the system or it's being consumed due to a component failure somewhere. You're right to get your car checked and if it's pronounced to be "OK" then keep an eye on the coolant level going forward.

Antifreeze performance does deteriorate over time and it's also a corrosion inhibitor. Ideally it should be tested for concentration every few years and the coolant either changed or some drained and replaced with antifreeze so as to maintain the required protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom