• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W201 - center console trim

Spyros777

Car
W209,W201,W211
Hello everyone!

I am in the look for the attached wood trim for a 1991 W201.

Let me know in case someone has one, or know anyone that possibly have one.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpeg
    IMG_2159.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 12
I can't remember. Anyone know if on a manual gearbox car, is the hole in the wood different from an automatic equipped car?

I know I've got a selection of W201 wood somewhere; IIRC Zebrano & the quite rare Burl Walnut that was fitted to the last cars.

Any measurements available and/ or a couple of pictures of your destroyed wood without the gearshift gaitor fitted?

Could you find a local furniture restorer to apply a new matching veneer or could the existing one be lightly sanded and relaqueref?

I know I've got a selection of W201 wood somewhere; IIRC Zebrano & the quite rare Burl Walnut that was fitted to the last cars.

Any measurements available and/ or a couple of pictures of your destroyed wood without the gearshift gaitor fitted?
Have to take it out next week and measure. Keep u posted

Could you find a local furniture restorer to apply a new matching veneer or could the existing one be lightly sanded and relaqueref?
That was my other thought in case nothing comes up.

Hello everyone!

I am in the look for the attached wood trim for a 1991 W201.

Let me know in case someone has one, or know anyone that possibly have one.

Thanks in advance
I think I have a few spare in storage.

I’m sure the manual and auto cut outs are the same.

To be honest I’m not sure on the condition - almost any of these had some small cracks in the lacquer even 10/20+ years ago, so you’d be struggling to find a perfect one today. But I’m sure I would have one better than that!

The other challenge is finding one with the same configuration of cut outs as yours - some have manual windows, or only front electric windows etc. Some have heated seats etc. But yours looks like a fairly common layout from a later post-facelift car.

I can check for you if you can’t find one locally, although no idea on how much postage would be?

I think I have a few spare in storage.

I’m sure the manual and auto cut outs are the same.

To be honest I’m not sure on the condition - almost any of these had some small cracks in the lacquer even 10/20+ years ago, so you’d be struggling to find a perfect one today. But I’m sure I would have one better than that!

The other challenge is finding one with the same configuration of cut outs as yours - some have manual windows, or only front electric windows etc. Some have heated seats etc. But yours looks like a fairly common layout from a later post-facelift car.

I can check for you if you can’t find one locally, although no idea on how much postage would be?
Thank you Will - I am still searching locally too with couple of merc mechanics. There are some breaker 201s too but these are left in the scorching sun and my guess would be that the interior is gonna be bad. In case you come across one let me know Will; no need to spent your time for this. Whenever it comes.

Update: found one from UK!

Thanks all for your input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom