• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W203 - 2006 - C180 kompressor - 'Coolant' and 'Washer' level fault on display after a flat battery

Royville

Car
C200K ELEGANCE, 2005
Hi all,
Just reactivated my account after letting it fall dormant for many years.
I've always bought and used merc's over the years without any issues and found them to be very reliable.
My current car I've had for around 7 years without any issues - until now that is...

I have not been using my car for a while and this cold weather killed my battery, so I purchased a new one and fitted it myself. I connected the +ve terminal first then -ve. There was a slight spark but all seemed well and the car started up okay.
But then I noticed the two messages on my display.

1. Top up coolant - See owners manual
2. Top up washer fluid
The second one appears after the first one is cleared.
Both the coolant & washer levels are full, so these are false readings. Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone have any suggestions as to the likely causes please?
I've seen that many faults can be put down to the SAM but aren't there two or more on these vehicles?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated if you could help.
Thanks in advance.

Which 203 do you have? Our 209 200K had these messages. Its essentially the same set up as the 203. It was due to a faulty fan and required a replacement fan. Cant explain why it gives these error messages but it is a known issue.

Hi GP801,
Apologies for the delay.

I checked the engine coolant level sensor as that was easy to get at, but the washer sensor appeared a daunting task to get at so in the end I took the car to my local Mercedes independent.

Result!
Turned out to be a faulty cooling fan sensor on the radiator. Total cost - £40.
So I must say KUDOS to GP801, - well done to you sir.

Regards to all.

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom