• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

w203 cdi 220 of 2001 om 611. HELP

Realistic

Car
Mercedes Benz
Hello everyone!
I have a w203 cdi 220 of 2001. Car hesitates has a very rough idle on cold start and under heavy acceleration there's a lot of black smoke coming of the exhaust. Sometimes it loses power and doesn't accelerate properly.
Scanning shows P0100-001 B2/5(Hot film MAF sensor) The signal voltage is too low. What do you suggest? Should I replace MAF Sensor hoping this could solve these issues ?
Thank you very much.

Try cleaning the sensor first.

It does sound like it is over fuelling on acceleration.

Try cleaning it first.

It does sound like it is over fuelling.
I already cleaned it. It was super dirty but it didn't make any significant change. It still throws the aforementioned fault code. The signal voltage is too low.

I already cleaned it. It was super dirty but it didn't make any significant change. It still throws the aforementioned fault code. The signal voltage is too low.
Have it diagnosed on Star.

Generic OBD scanners can sometimes be misleading.

I already have they are all clean. My mechanic said it's worth changing maf since w203 are known to fry maf sensor !
There's a lot of black smoke when I accelerate especially when going up a steep hill. I feel so embarrassed especially when I have another car behind !!!

There's a lot of black smoke when I accelerate especially when going up a steep hill. I feel so embarrassed especially when I have another car behind !!!
Don't be embarrassed.

They can't see you 🤣

Don't be embarrassed.

They can't see you 🤣
😅😅😅 it's embarrassing when it blows a lot of black smoke so they kinda back up and increase the following distance to avoid all the smoke.I know diesel's smoke but this is excessive...my car looka like it's working on charcoal when I have to accelerate heavily !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom