• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W204 acceleration problem when the car temperature reaches 90 celsius

EnnioD

Car
W204
Hi,
I have a w204 2008 220 diesel with 5G automatic transmission, 155 000 miles. Lately I have noticed a problem with the acceleration.
One day I was stuck in heavy traffic and when I went off, I noticed that the car after switching from 1st to 2nd the rpm arrow went down 2 times in a row even though my foot was in the pedal accelerating.
When the rpm arrow goes down for the second time it gives a vibration. This thing happens only when the car reaches temperature 90, below that everything is okay.
What can be the problem ?
I have changed the transmission oil before 4 months, I also check for the transmission oil level and it was okay.
Please help me

Is the engine management light on? have you had the fault codes read?
Until you get that done we are guessing.

I did a whole scan and no fault codes were shown. My mechanic suggested me for a transmission clean up. Is it worth it to clean up because I am afraid if it needs to be replaced and not waste money.

Since you mentioned that the gearbox had an oil change 4 months ago, I don't think a trans flush would help in this situation.

An option would be to go for a drive with your mechanic looking at live data on scanner, to see if anything is out of range when the fault is manifesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom