W204 C Class Audio 20 (6 cd) upgrade failed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Badboysun

Car
C200 CDI Executive SE
I purchased a Audio 20 six CD player for my car with the intention to add Digital radio "DAB" as the radio stations on FM are quite limited, after buying a second hand Audio 20 (6 CD)unit and obtaining the VIN, I had it fitted to my car, only for a error message asking for the security code, several Mercedes garages tried to code it, On line radio code providers tried to code it. Eventually I went to my main dealers and asked for the Audio 20 unit to be coded, this they refused to do as they say the unit might have been stolen, even though I had the VIN of the donor vehicle and sales receipt.
I had it removed and returned to the seller. My question on here is, are any of the second hand Audio 20 units on line any good. Will you run into the same problem I had. I will now get the DAB facility fitted else where utilising my present unit, but I won't be rushing back to buy a Mercedes with plastic seats, no DAB, no courtesy light and numerous other short falls.

It's called 'anti-theft' for a reason... knowing the donor's car VIN doesn't mean much, as the VIN is displayed on the windscreen for all to see.

You will need to have the security code supplied to you by the seller, of have the anti-theft feature disabled by the seller, either of which can only be done on the donor car before the infotainment system is removed from it.

Alternatively, forum sponsors www.comandonline.co.uk may be able to unlock it for you, but even so you will need to get the car to them and to be able to demonstrate that the unit isn't stolen.

I purchased a Audio 20 six CD player for my car with the intention to add Digital radio "DAB" as the radio stations on FM are quite limited, after buying a second hand Audio 20 (6 CD)unit and obtaining the VIN, I had it fitted to my car, only for a error message asking for the security code, several Mercedes garages tried to code it, On line radio code providers tried to code it. Eventually I went to my main dealers and asked for the Audio 20 unit to be coded, this they refused to do as they say the unit might have been stolen, even though I had the VIN of the donor vehicle and sales receipt.
I had it removed and returned to the seller. My question on here is, are any of the second hand Audio 20 units on line any good. Will you run into the same problem I had. I will now get the DAB facility fitted else where utilising my present unit, but I won't be rushing back to buy a Mercedes with plastic seats, no DAB, no courtesy light and numerous other short falls.
Why the hell did you buy it in the first place? You really seem to hate the car you have bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom