W204 C220 2008 Headlights & Rear Indicator Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

panamahatzh

Car
W204 C220
Hi all,

I have two issues that may well be connected.

Indicators
Recently, whilst driving for longer than 10+ minutes, the dashboard is reporting that my rear right and left Indicators are faulty. at first, if I indicate right or left, the indicators "flash" as they should but, after 10+ minutes or so the dashboard warning appears and the indicators flash rapidly as if a bulb is not working. I have turned on the hazard warning lights to check if all bulbs are working and they are.

Headlights
When the Light Switch is in A Position, headlights wont turn off when a) I exit a tunnel or b) if I turn the light switch off. Again, this normally occurs when I have been driving for 10+minutes. If I turn the headlights on ( lightswitch in ON position) they will not turn off when I turn the Lighswitch to OFF. My vehicle has been to my local Mercedes dealer here in Malta 3 times and I'm not much closer to finding a solution with them.

Turning off the ignition and then restarting is the only way to "reset" the issue but the problem reappears after approx 10+ minutes of driving..

Has anyone else experienced the same ?

Thanks in advance,

After 6 visits to my MB Dealer, I have been informed that the rear SAM Unit needs replacing.

Before you do that, pull off the connector socket to the faulty rear lamp and check the condition of the pin and socket for the brown wire to see if there is any burning or melting.

Thanks TED, this was already done by my local MB dealer on both rear lighting units. My local dealer quoted me 1200 euros for a new SAM module. I located one for half that price from UK dealerships fwiw.

Does anyone know if the fuel gauge is connected/controlled/wired via the rear SAM module ?

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom