• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W204 c220 CDI misfire and rough idle

Any codes on mb star? I had similar issues, replaced:
2x Mass airflow,
water pump, boost pressure sensor, intake manifold, refurbished injectors, fuel filter housing, all of the solenoids and vacuum system sensors along with vacuum pump, oil cooler gaskets, oil filler cap gasket(awaiting actual cap now), rocker cover gasket, now awaiting oil separator repair kit...

I had misfiring too but it went away after a while , probably loads of crap in the cylinder got cleaned out...

However I use shell diesel v power .

Attached is picture of oil two weeks after replacement. Used liqui moly engine cleaner and little bit of diesel 🙃

Check your diagnostic codes.

Attachments

• IMG-20230520-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20230520-WA0002.jpeg
    774 KB · Views: 6
Any codes on mb star? I had similar issues, replaced:
2x Mass airflow,
water pump, boost pressure sensor, intake manifold, refurbished injectors, fuel filter housing, all of the solenoids and vacuum system sensors along with vacuum pump, oil cooler gaskets, oil filler cap gasket(awaiting actual cap now), rocker cover gasket, now awaiting oil separator repair kit...

I had misfiring too but it went away after a while , probably loads of crap in the cylinder got cleaned out...

However I use shell diesel v power .

Attached is picture of oil two weeks after replacement. Used liqui moly engine cleaner and little bit of diesel 🙃

Check your diagnostic codes.
Hello thanks for sharing, the judder/misfire was fuel control valve that was sending too much fuel to the rail but I'm still getting a harsh vibration when stopping or moving abit when reving engine not sure if it's still fuel related or something else. I get no codes come up regarding that vibration so just thinking what to do next lol.

Hello thanks for sharing, the judder/misfire was fuel control valve that was sending too much fuel to the rail but I'm still getting a harsh vibration when stopping or moving abit when reving engine not sure if it's still fuel related or something else. I get no codes come up regarding that vibration so just thinking what to do next lol.
Check injection quantity values, I am guessing that you have changed fuel and air filters and vacuum system lines are where they are supposed to be as when I've put them incorrectly engine wasn't working as it should.
Is it in limp mode when misfiring?

Check injection quantity values, I am guessing that you have changed fuel and air filters and vacuum system lines are where they are supposed to be as when I've put them incorrectly engine wasn't working as it should.
Is it in limp mode when misfiring?
Sorry for later reply, I'll have a look in to that and ask my mate about that when we put the new ones in I know we defo put the new codes in to the ECU for the new injectors. Changed fuel filter last year to see if it would help but didn't and air filter I haven't changed let but I did have a look at it wasn't that bad. No when the surge/judder happens they is power there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom