• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

w204 c320 daylight running lights

Tekman

Car
C 320 CDI
I have a 2008 w204 c320 cdi elegance , on clocks in setting it says daylight running light`s on/off ,
if you select on when you turn car on the headlights and tail lights come on
I believed if you selected on it just put front on and not back seen diffferent models with side lights only on lights in where my fog lights are
is this normal I keep them off due to lights being yellow going to upgrade bulbs, I have projector headlights thinking led but any adivice

That is exactly how my daylights work - it turns on headlights and rear lights. Aftermarket LED bulbs would be illegal, a potential MOT fail and will invalidate your insurance because your headlights are not type approved for LEDs. Most people (including me) us Osram Nightbreakers as replacement bulbs and they are much better.

That is exactly how my daylights work - it turns on headlights and rear lights. Aftermarket LED bulbs would be illegal, a potential MOT fail and will invalidate your insurance because your headlights are not type approved for LEDs. Most people (including me) us Osram Nightbreakers as replacement bulbs and they are much better.
Cheers Night breakers it is and thanks for info 👍

no idea in your model - you need to check carefully as there were different systems available - HID/halogen etc.

Proper LED DRLs only became mandatory in 2011.

Is that right, does the rear lights also stay on in daytime running mode, I had never paid attention to mine or any other cars.

Generally, not if there are original drls but yes if there is a setting for headlights permanently on

Is that right, does the rear lights also stay on in daytime running mode, I had never paid attention to mine or any other cars.
Yes that is right on those models that use headlights as DRLs

Guys, old thread revival. I just bought a 2009 W204 C63 Estate. I found that the xenon lights and the rear tail lights are always on when the car is running. This is the case even when the lights switch is set to off. How do I stop the xenon headlights being on all the time the engine is running ? I can't find anything on the command system menu .

There was a setting in the dash to turn them off/on in my A209 - could be the same on yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom