W204 Coolant shut off valve.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulJ6152

Car
C class Estate 2011 W204
I am replacing the coolant shut off valve, part
No MA6512000431. On my 2011 c class W204 2143cc diesel.
It’s hidden under the EGR cooler by the fuel filter. I assumed to access the valve you have to remove the cooler. I have removed all the bolts except the rear centre bottom bolt which is under the cooler and can’t find a way to remove it. Can’t get an extension on it as it fouls the underside of cooler.
Am I right in thinking I have to get the cooler out to get at the valve or am I missing something and can do it another way.
Any help much appreciated.
Paul

I am replacing the coolant shut off valve, part
No MA6512000431. On my 2011 c class W204 2143cc diesel.
It’s hidden under the EGR cooler by the fuel filter. I assumed to access the valve you have to remove the cooler. I have removed all the bolts except the rear centre bottom bolt which is under the cooler and can’t find a way to remove it. Can’t get an extension on it as it fouls the underside of cooler.
Am I right in thinking I have to get the cooler out to get at the valve or am I missing something and can do it another way.
Any help much appreciated.
Paul
Yes you gotta loosen off the bolts for the egr cooler and just move it out the way. The bottom 3 bolts are not that easy to get to though

Yes you gotta loosen off the bolts for the egr cooler and just move it out the way. The bottom 3 bolts are not that easy to get to though
Thanks Oleks1992 for your quick response What I would like to know is what tool I use to get at last one in bottom centre. I’ve used a mix of sockets and ratchet spanner to get 5 of the 6 out. If it is by using a socket with extension would a 1/4” extension work as been using 3/8” and that definitely doesn’t.

Thanks Oleks1992 for your quick response What I would like to know is what tool I use to get at last one in bottom centre. I’ve used a mix of sockets and ratchet spanner to get 5 of the 6 out. If it is by using a socket with extension would a 1/4” extension work as been using 3/8” and that definitely doesn’t.
I usually use long 1/4 drive extension and either hex 8mm or E8 socket to get to the bolt. And have a magnet at the ready to stop it from falling

Thanks I’ll give that a go.

Your a star Cooler out. It’s amazing sometimes the obvious is staring you in face but just need another view as you start going round in circles. Putting it back should be fun🤦‍♂️

Your a star Cooler out. It’s amazing sometimes the obvious is staring you in face but just need another view as you start going round in circles. Putting it back should be fun🤦‍♂️
Yeah I remember taking that egr cooler off when I was an apprentice and that was not fun. It does get easier the more you do it. 🤣

Next challenge is the actual valve I can get the main inlet with clip off and the pipe going upwards however the one going sideways towards rear of engine goes under a plastic housing that has a metal pipe going to Egr housing and so the pipe is hidden from above. See attachment. I was hoping I didn’t have to remove that but reckon I might.🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom