W204 Headlamp control unit issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Corty

Car
2013 C250 AMG Sport estate
I have a 2013 C Class and I thought that the O/S headlamp was not operating as it should, so I purchased a Icarsoft diagnostic tool and did an auto scan. When I got the result it only showed the left headlamp on the list. I then did a manual search from the preset list and done a scan for the os headlamp control unit but it's saying link not found or words to that effect. This is the limit of my knowledge, has anybody experienced this themselves or know what is or is not happening to the control unit in that headlamp and how to fix the issue.
Any help on this would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I had this on my 2010 A207. No errors on the scan, just no comms to the unit so it was as if it wasn’t there. New control unit sorted it out but it had to be coded so was done by a good indie garage I use for this sort of thing.

Hi, I had this on my 2010 A207. No errors on the scan, just no comms to the unit so it was as if it wasn’t there. New control unit sorted it out but it had to be coded so was done by a good indie garage I use for this sort of thing.
Thanks for the reply. I replaced the ballast control box but have just learned that it's not that control unit, so there must be another somewhere.

Yes, the ballast is what allows the hid to fire and work. The control module does the clever stuff moving left and right with the steering. My lights still sort of worked even with one module down but with no movement left and right on one light and the auto high beam and alignment was weird. The module is at each headlight. Mine needed to be coded to the car but I don’t know how involved that was.

Cheers for the info Andrew, will keep at it until I either fix it or give up 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom