• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W205 Centre console clock

Sheffield Col

Car
Mercedes 2014, C Class 220 Diesel Automatic Blutec W205
Hi, I am hoping to retro fit centre console with the analogue clock on my C Class W205 bluetec diesel automatic. Is this a straight forward swap, or will I need a loom, and coding etc. Thank You.

Did this on a W205 a few years ago now, no coding is required. I made my own loom , you need power which comes from the fuse box at drivers side dash, you also need to tap into the Lin bus to get clock control. Sorry I can't remember much more but at the time I did a search & found a very good (how to) on one of the forum's.

Just done a similar conversion on my Ford Ranger....I love it and it could almost be factory.....
20231128_125433_copy_2040x1530.jpg

Did this on a W205 a few years ago now, no coding is required. I made my own loom , you need power which comes from the fuse box at drivers side dash, you also need to tap into the Lin bus to get clock control. Sorry I can't remember much more but at the time I did a search & found a very good (how to) on one of the forum's.

Hi Gallon, I have just got a centre console with clock. But unfortunately no plug or wire for the clock, How do I make a loom to suit, or are they available from dealers ? I am not very good at car eletrickery or any other electrickery for that matter. And tapping in to the Lin bus has gone straight over my head, I dont suppose you could provide a diagram to help by any chance ? Thank You.

Officially (not to cause diagnostic errors) it should have datacard update and coding, but it actually works without coding. You'll need to make the loom - hardest part is finding the part number for the connector on the clock

R

Officially (not to cause diagnostic errors) it should have datacard update and coding, but it actually works without coding. You'll need to make the loom - hardest part is finding the part number for the connector on the clock

R
How do I get the part numbers, does any one on here have them ?

Hi, have a look at this link: S205 analog clock retrofit - MBWorld.org Forums it will give you some of the info you require.
Although this mod is not that difficult, if as you say you are not very good with car electrics I think you might struggle, best of luck.
Just found another link which has much more info.

Some very good info there , Thanks to all. I shall be having a go as soon as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom