W206 C-Class Press Release

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can see many gremlins appearing with all that new tech..

I don't know, it's filtered down from the S Class where it's been pretty well tested.

Beautiful ! Hate the Tesla screen, you have to scan for far too long to do anything. But from the outside ? I'd keep it in the lounge just to look at. :banana:

I've just noticed that the front grille now has Mercedes stars in lieu of the "diamonds".

Very cool but does it really need the rear steering? And aren’t the S class owners offended by their feature being used by “poor” people? Lol

Well of course I am a bit biased having just bought one of the last W205’s (C300 P+, night ed). I think I agree with others that the outside of the 206 is a bit disappointing, especially the front, looks disgruntled, but the interior is super cool. A bit of additional room in the rear will be welcomed by many and is long overdue, doesn’t bother me as we rarely carry any passengers other than our godchildren.

Overall, I am sure it’s an incremental step forward in almost every area, but it will be sold at close to list for a while after launch plus the price will creep up, (they always do!), I don’t think it represents a £13-15k improvement over mine.

Not a fan I must say. Exterior styling isn’t exactly ground breaking, they seem to be doing a bit of a ‘KiaHyundai’ job of copying a number of similar marques. The rear is clearly a slice of A3/4 with a touch of Merc class. Interior is it‘s best bit, I love the screens, along with ambient lighting they give the interior a real space age look.

Not a fan I must say. Exterior styling isn’t exactly ground breaking, they seem to be doing a bit of a ‘KiaHyundai’ job of copying a number of similar marques. The rear is clearly a slice of A3/4 with a touch of Merc class. Interior is it‘s best bit, I love the screens, along with ambient lighting they give the interior a real space age look.
I agree with you, but TBH I’m far less bothered with the exterior of cars than the interior. Other than cleaning it, all the time I spend with my car is inside driving it. The exterior is just for other people to look at.

As an avid C-Class owner.... first impression:

Exterior is 'more of the same', safe bet, nothing radical.

Interior looks very interesting - I like it. A lot.

That said... I typically keep my cars for 5-7 years (though the W203 lasted 9 years under my ownership). And so I won't be buying any new ICE cars any more. If the technology matures, my next car (when the time comes) will be a brand new EV (possibly EQC). If I can't wait, I'll buy a second-hand W205. But buying a brand new ICE (even if Hybrid) in 2021? I really don't see the point. Personal opinion....

When these electronic dash boards start to fail after 8/10 years of use you throw the far away.

A good video review here. The second half road test with a Mercedes driver is particularly interesting, especially the part about increased engine reliability due to combining electric with ICE. (German accents behind masks are a struggle.)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any idea when we can configure on Mercedes UK, only available on Mercedes.de

Button failure - you lose 1 button.
Screen failure - you could lose the whole lot. Until they build some redundancy into the system...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom