• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W208 55 Convertible

To be fair I think even 430 cabs weren’t that common? :)

I had a 230 back in the day and absolutely loved it. Still would have a CLK today in the right conditions. The AMG styling and a set of staggered monos make it look very purposeful indeed :cool:

Indeed. I love ours. Quartz blue is my favourite. I’ve owned a coupe in this colour in my time too. Took this pic on a recent sunny day picnic with the family. Perfect picnic car.
That is indeed a lovely lovely thing 👍🏻

Indeed. I love ours. Quartz blue is my favourite. I’ve owned a coupe in this colour in my time too. Took this pic on a recent sunny day picnic with the family. Perfect picnic car.

How do they drive? Im sure Olly mentioned to me years ago that they weren’t as stiff as the W209?

I had a quartz blue CLK320 convertible too .. bought from Stockholm and driven home. in those days, there were huge waiting lists

it was a great car. Very fast and very stable. I loved it. I replaced it with a CLK55

E62D6922-F3AE-496B-8861-E72FE8A5EC2B.jpeg

8426C3C8-960F-4D87-B7FC-3AFA3604E928.jpeg

That CLK55 looks nice but not sure what type of buyer it's going to appeal to at that money. I'm with Jobsworth, I bought my CLK430 earlier this year and have just enjoyed wafting around with the roof down on fair weather days. I have an Eisenmann exhuast on order which should give a nice V8 burble and add to the 'waft factor' quite nicely, all for Fiesta money.

No, old wafter. Sit back and cruise with a v8 woofle soundtrack. Very relaxing old thing. Certainly not a sportscar. Enough grunt though ;)

I had a quartz blue clk200 in September 1999 when they first came out withhe indicators in the mirrors. Fantastic car which drew looks.

Later got myself a lovely quartz blue CLK320 cab which ended up with lots of options 😉 and that’s when I first met Richard and we started Comand 😀

I had a quartz blue clk200 in September 1999 when they first came out withhe indicators in the mirrors. Fantastic car which drew looks.

Later got myself a lovely quartz blue CLK320 cab which ended up with lots of options 😉 and that’s when I first met Richard and we started Comand 😀

pics!

This is weird, I had a quartz blue metallic/Orion coupe before the 55!

This is weird, I had a quartz blue metallic/Orion coupe before the 55!
My coupe was quartz/orion, which although nice felt perhaps a little cold. My cab is quartz/siam, which I’ve never seen another. It has a slightly warmer feel to the interior colour

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom