• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W209 Glovebox lid issues

Xr6eta

Car
2005 CLK 350 Elegance convertible
Ok I've received no response from posts in old threads so I don't know if they are being seen or not so I will try a new post. Usual latch not opening issue, I have secured the latch via the T20 screw under the 6 stack in the glovebox. That might have been part of the issue however when I use the handle on the glovebox, the latch release mechanism does nothing so there is no way it could have opened it. When I look under the handle, I could see a metal piece of wire that I assumed was a spring of some sort doing nothing. Managed to get it out and woe and behold, it is a spring that looks like it should be going over the highlighted bit in the picture. Have tried for hours and cannot get it reseated correctly through that small hole, I think the spring may need to be compressed but not sure which way it is supposed to be facing. Has anyone had success with this in the past or has everyone just spent the ridiculous money being asked for a new glovebox lid. Can the glovebox lid be dismantled to get inside the latch or is it all glued and destroyed once apart. Will be interested to hear if anyone has been as stubborn as me to save a buck (or $300)

Attachments

• 20230827_134756.jpg
    20230827_134756.jpg
    869.8 KB · Views: 4
  • P8280146.JPG
    P8280146.JPG
    643.9 KB · Views: 4
  • P8280147.JPG
    P8280147.JPG
    750 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back