• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 Chrome trim above the rear number plate

Boomy79

Car
W211 E500
Hey all,

Going a list of small cosmetic repairs/ changes on the new Merc. The previous owner somehow managed to catch the chrome trim above the number plate on the boot, and there is a crack right in the middle. I can't seem to find a replacement part on ebay. Can anyone help with where to source one from, or the correct term to search for?

Get the part number and description from the dealer first. At least you will then know what it is called and indeed how much it is (you might be surprised ....or shocked). What year is the car as they changed that part with the facelift I believe. W211 E500 is a truly great all rounder. Had one for 6 years ....loved it

Mine is a 52 plate so early model.

Really is a great all-round car, although while mechanically sound the previous owner doesn't seem taken the best care of the vehicle :-(

Don't think you can buy the chrome strip on its own. I had similar issue as you and ended up buying a 2nd hand rear panel. As per diagram too, its the whole plastic panel where the number plate sits. Only prone to leak so if you replace it make sure you use good silicone of sort when putting the other one on.

It should be part number A2117500237 No.210 in the diagram

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom