• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 Driver side headlamp and brake light not working?

scotzman

Car
E280 CDI Avantgarde
Hi all,

Last chance for a DIY fix before sending to an auto spark.

I have a 2007 W211 E280 Avantgarde. My dipped headlamp has suddenly stopped working as has my LED brake cluster on the same side (driver) I think from a fuse point of view the two are unrelated but thought I would ask if anyone has had both go at the same time?

Initially swapped the bulbs from the nearside to offside and it has made no difference and just tried new bulbs but just the same. The ballasts were changed a couple of years ago on both sides so would be surprised if it were that. Checked the 5amp fuses in the engine bay, but they are fine. I have put the multi onto the bulb socket, and whilst it is drawing a small voltage 0.4, it's no where near 12.

I am not aware of any other fuses that could be causing the issue, so would welcome any advice?

On another related point, when I have been looking for new bulbs, none of them seem to come with the black collar to provide a fit into the headlamp housing. Do you have to buy these separately? The one on the existing bulb is not for shifting.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Dougie

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom