• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 e320cdi going into limp mode.

boxer 01

Car
w211 e320cdi sport g7 with paddleshift
Hello everyone my car went into limp mode last night but recovered after turning off and on again, also a couple of weeks ago when I tried to get out of a junction quick, it started jerking violently. Both times car was ok after turning off and on
I have just connected my foxwell up and will attach a picture of faulty code. Is the exhaust back pressure pressure sensor going faulty, or the turbo actuator. Any input appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-14-12-59-29-23_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-14-12-59-29-23_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 8
Hello everyone my car went into limp mode last night but recovered after turning off and on again, also a couple of weeks ago when I tried to get out of a junction quick, it started jerking violently. Both times car was ok after turning off and on
I have just connected my foxwell up and will attach a picture of faulty code. Is the exhaust back pressure pressure sensor going faulty, or the turbo actuator. Any input appreciated.
I think that might be showing both , make a note then delete them and see what comes back because they are shown as stored rather than current .
The easiest one ,is to remove the exhaust back pressure sensor and spray clean the underside hole with carb cleaner .
Has the car done this before ?

The other thing on the same circuit as the actuator and ebps is the inlet port motor which operates the swirl flaps . Fitting a 4.7k ohm resistor in the electrical plug for the inlet motor is a cheap test for this one .

I think that might be showing both , make a note then delete them and see what comes back because they are shown as stored rather than current .
The easiest one ,is to remove the exhaust back pressure sensor and spray clean the underside hole with carb cleaner .
Has the car done this before ?
Hi W1ghty it's done it twice but last night it went into limp. I think I will order up a sensor and take it from there because it's cheaper and easier to do and I did remove the turbo actuator about 3 months ago and cleaned and lubricated as per your advice 👍. Thanks for your input.

my part number for the exhaust back pressure sensor is A0061536028 but there seems to be quite a few different numbers knocking about, it would be helpful if someone has an up to date part number so I can order.Thanks
I'm looking at this one

Last edited:
Just been driving with live data on and on the dual carriageway doing a steady 50mph in cruise control the exhaust back pressure sensor values are all over the place, from 1700hpa dropping to 1200hpa. In tickover it's on 1100hpa. Whilst driving on the motorway the back pressure values corresponds to the amount of throttle given. So will get a new one ordered and fitted soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom