• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W212 E250 Estate rear susp probs

Lewy65

Car
E250 Estate
Hi folks i have on going problem with rear air suspension. Been in 2 different garages for over a year. Basically when suspension drops it doesnt pump back up.
They are able to raise it via laptop or directly from battery to compressor it takes 4-6 weeks to deflate. No fault codes are shown when diagnosed. Its had relays changed. Any ideas as present garage is saying it could be air bellows on yhe rear as they have valves inside though this is purely guess work

Hi folks i have on going problem with rear air suspension. Been in 2 different garages for over a year. Basically when suspension drops it doesnt pump back up.
They are able to raise it via laptop or directly from battery to compressor it takes 4-6 weeks to deflate. No fault codes are shown when diagnosed. Its had relays changed. Any ideas as present garage is saying it could be air bellows on yhe rear as they have valves inside though this is purely guess work
Hi mate! Just subscribed to the forum this morning to see if others people had this experience. I’m going through exactly what you are describing. I have a friend coming with the laptop at my house on Friday (Star computer),changed new bags,got a second hand compressor (it does not work at all),new block valve replaced,new relay,but compressor doesn’t work on it’s own,we are now believing that compressor is the culprit.Waiting for Friday evening for more tests and I will let you know.The whole system is not so complicated to change,but it is hard to pinpoint exactly what is wrong.Also I found water or moisture inside the compressor plug ,even after two weeks of not opening,just wondering how water gets into and if this might be the problem!?!.

Watching this thread with interest, I’ve replaced both bags at the rear and currently have some very stiff ball joints on the rhs level sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom