W212 OM651 DPF ISSUES MERCMAN TIPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NAVMERC

Car
2012 W212 E250cdi
Hi again all

I have an E250 cdi OM651 with 208K miles on it. I've just had the TCU done a few weeks ago, then last week a new battery and alternator ouch!
Now I have an DPF issue. My STAR is showing that I have 400% soot in the DPF and the EML light is on and in limp mode. I gave it a good blast on the motorway for 30 minutes in 3rd gear but nothing happened.
I have seen Mercman Tips video on youtube and I'm going to follow what he's done. Just wanted to know if it is wise to change the DPF sensor at the same time as while I wait for the additive to work cleaning the soot out!

Thanks in Advance!

Nav

i recently had 386 % limp mode, i changed the dpf sensor £63 , used icarsoft to clear faults and do an adaptation. now its at 36 % and happy.

Pretty sure I just said £63. 😃😃😃 Bosch ones are Ebay are 30 quids.

Got the DPF all cleaned up and fitted back into the car with the new sensor. Had to do a regen with my STAR and the car literally drove like never before, fast and responsive with no lag.
Pics attatched
DPF1.jpegDPF2.jpegDPF3.jpegDPF4.jpegDPF5.jpegDPF6.jpegDPF7.jpegDPF8.jpeg

Recommend using dpf cleaner once a month in with the fuel. Its what I'm gonna do from now on.

And the magic ingredient is ?
The spray can in the pic. Costs £27 from ECP. I used jugs of hot water along with it! Bit of time and patience! Total time was 3 hours labour then 30 minutes sorting the codes out with the STAR, then 1 hour test drive. Honestly, I didn't break the speed limit on the M55!

which one would you recommend?

I tried to get branded stuff but ECP only had this can. But on their website they do have this below
DPF Fluid Additive- 1ltr
PatFluid is a Fuel Borne Catalyst designed as an aftermarket replacement for Diesel Particulate Filter additives used to aid the regeneration of particulate filters fitted to diesel passenger cars.
  • PatFluid is universal as a replacement of all OE DPF additives.
  • Used on many Citroen & Peugeot diesel vehicles and some Ford, Volvo, Fiat, Mazda, Volkswagen, Skoda & Mini?s.
  • Cost Effective & Highly Reliable.
  • PatFluid is also available in 5 Litres (524770301).
  • PatFluid filling kits are also available (542770772).
The guy at the counter told me they didn't have this in stock so I got the spray can instead.

Nice job that. Glad its all sorted..
I to watch merman tips, hes a knowledgable guy on these engines.

Nice job that. Glad its all sorted..
I to watch merman tips, hes a knowledgable guy on these engines.
I know, he makes it look so easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom