• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W213 estate boot opening via key and switch

Jase4122

Car
E220d se estate
I have a w213 and the opening via the key fob and switch in drivers doors has stopped working. When I push the key or switch I can hear the lock in engaging but the boot does not open. When I use the manual button next to the reversing camera housing it opens fine. This is driving me mad as no one seems to have a definitive fix

I have a w213 and the opening via the key fob and switch in drivers doors has stopped working. When I push the key or switch I can hear the lock in engaging but the boot does not open. When I use the manual button next to the reversing camera housing it opens fine. This is driving me mad as no one seems to have a definitive fix
If anyone's interested I have found the fault with the above.
Broken wiring loom that goes from the tailgate into the roof.

for future reference I found the fault too, looking at the tailgate from the rear, the right hand hinge loom looked twisted, i opened it up and found a thin broken BLUE wire, soldered in a link and voila! All working now.

Hi @highflyer666 @AMGeed, do you happen to have photos of the wiring loom or its location please?
I've the exact same fault; the key and door button unlock the boot but it no longer opens automatically.
Had the gas struts replaced because the boot didn't stay open once opened manually, but they've not fixed the auto-open function.

Hi @highflyer666 @AMGeed, do you happen to have photos of the wiring loom or its location please?
I've the exact same fault; the key and door button unlock the boot but it no longer opens automatically.
Had the gas struts replaced because the boot didn't stay open once opened manually, but they've not fixed the auto-open function.

Sorry, I can't help with wiring diagrams:(

Sorry, I didn’t take any pictures, all I can say is with the boot open looking forward, the right hand hinge loom has a blue wire in it, that is the wire that had broken on mine. I split the boot and spliced in a new piece. All good now.

Sorry, I didn’t take any pictures, all I can say is with the boot open looking forward, the right hand hinge loom has a blue wire in it, that is the wire that had broken on mine. I split the boot and spliced in a new piece. All good now.
Hey @highflyer666, d’you mean down in here somewhere? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7179.jpeg
    IMG_7179.jpeg
    990.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7180.jpeg
    IMG_7180.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
If anyone's interested I have found the fault with the above.
Broken wiring loom that goes from the tailgate into the roof.
@Jase4122, I don't suppose you have any pics at all do you?
Am I in the right location with these pics?

Attachments

• IMG_7179.jpeg
    IMG_7179.jpeg
    990.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7180.jpeg
    IMG_7180.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom