W213 open trunk with your foot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twba

Car
W213
Dear all,
Please advise how should i find out if i have the hands-free access to the trunk by sliding the foot underneath.
I have key-less access to the doors, the boot can be opened/closed by button from driver's door, i have both buttons (close/lock on boot lid) but i cannot figure how to open the boot lid using just the foot.
i'm keeping the key in my pocket and i'm doing a gesture like kicking a ball, with no results.

Last edited:
I believe you swish your foot under and across the boot area to activate the boot release. Like kicking a ball with your instep.
Must practice more;)

On my car I simply kick my foot under the middle of the rear bumper as if I am kicking a ball. Works fine as long as I have the key in my pocket.

Only make the gesture once and wait, there can be a slight delay, if you make a second gesture too quickly, it will in effect, cancel out the first gesture.
Also if you stand too close the sensors will think there is an obstruction and prevent the boot from opening, don’t ask how I know :eek:

The sensor seems to be slightly to the left of centre and a few inches in. As others have said, a gentle kicking motion is supposed to make it open but it's a very hit or miss procedure.

I gave up on mine after a few failed attempts and just used the button on the key. Inconvenient when your hands are full of stuff but better than standing there looking like a failed footballer.

Try a slow right to left swish, rather than an in and out kick.
(You are best practising somewhere quiet).

I often wear patent leather six inch stilettos, I hear the reflection from the lovely, shiny, wet look leather sets the senses off every time.

.....$HIT !...wrong forum :eek::wallbash:

Thanks for all the replies. I was not sure that i have this feature. I only saw yotube videos for estate version and i was starting to believe the sedan doesn't have it.
I will keep trying, since i find it very usefull

And no success. I'm 99% i don't have this feature

To be honest I was convinced that it wasn't on mine either.

Until I walked underneath it with the key in my pocket when it was on the lift in my garage. Up went the lid, straight into the garage ceiling which, luckily, didn't do any damage to the paint.

After that experience I tried it a couple of times with my foot but there does seem to be a knack to it which I don't seem to possess...

The sensor seems to be slightly to the left of centre and a few inches in. As others have said, a gentle kicking motion is supposed to make it open but it's a very hit or miss procedure.

I gave up on mine after a few failed attempts and just used the button on the key. Inconvenient when your hands are full of stuff but better than standing there looking like a failed footballer.
Exactly my experience with our XC90....feel like a fool after a while

I often wear patent leather six inch stilettos, I hear the reflection from the lovely, shiny, wet look leather sets the senses off every time.

.....$HIT !...wrong forum :eek::wallbash:

That's where you're going wrong - I always wear Cuban heals ;)

from the spec sheet, only this 2 features could be related in my opinion:
881 comfort close for trunk
889 keyless go

Have had my c class for 3 weeks now and never got the boot open using my foot. I find it so much easier using my hand... I fall over less

Slowly Slowly catchie monkey, yes stand about 6-10 inches from bumper around the middle, 1 kick be patient it takes a few seconds and then will open if you try to quick again it will cancel it out again as described above. The neighbours get great fun out of watching you kicking the car, i think we have all done it, my wife still dosen't get the hang of it. Maybe you have to be a real man to do it. O dear that will start some off.

I was told to maybe clean the sensors under the boot, but I can’t find any. I have the keyless go comfort package premium plus, and can’t get the boot open with my foot . I may part exchange my foot soon

try cleaning you shoes, you never know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom