• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W213 stuck in first gear

Well Petrol Pete you have summed it up exactly how I feel only I was just trying to be nice but it's not getting me anywhere

Well I rather not say at this juncture there is a lot more to the story than I can write on the forum I am not trying to upset anyone so I don't want to name the dealership hope you understand
Believe me they will not care!

So does resetting the Nox sensors then allow the car to change gear as the mobilo man told me or is that a new one to forum members

So does resetting the Nox sensors then allow the car to change gear as the mobilo man told me or is that a new one to forum members
Nox sensor faults can affect engine running and that can also affect the gearbox performance.

OK thanks forgetting the Nox sensors for the moment could a wheel sensor also stop the gearbox from changing gear?
As of today the dealership has had the car 3 days they informed us today that they have changed the opposite wheel sensor to the side that the mobilo man said was faulty and they are not doing anything about the Nox sensors because they say there are no fault codes and they cannot change them under warranty because they have to put down the fault code. They are taking it out for another test drive to add to the 40+ miles they already done.....!

OK thanks forgetting the Nox sensors for the moment could a wheel sensor also stop the gearbox from changing gear?
As of today the dealership has had the car 3 days they informed us today that they have changed the opposite wheel sensor to the side that the mobilo man said was faulty and they are not doing anything about the Nox sensors because they say there are no fault codes and they cannot change them under warranty because they have to put down the fault code. They are taking it out for another test drive to add to the 40+ miles they already done.....!
In my experience of faulty wheel sensors, they don't affect the gearbox; when the nearside front packed up on my C Class, I drove it 200+ miles home with no issue ( apart from the dash being lit up like a Christmas Tree).
I'm surprised that the dealership and Mobilo tech disagree on which ABS sensor is dud given in theory they both should be using the same diagnostic kit.

Just got car back confusion over the sensors was they changed the faulty one for the other side to confirm that it was in fact faulty. They will not change Nox sensors as they are not showing a fault so now my wife has to drive it until it breaks down again so that the codes are showing when they will change them under warranty....you couldn't make it up, we bought the car so that we would have reliable transport because my wife doing the fostering, seems like we have nothing but unreliability

Just got car back confusion over the sensors was they changed the faulty one for the other side to confirm that it was in fact faulty. They will not change Nox sensors as they are not showing a fault so now my wife has to drive it until it breaks down again so that the codes are showing when they will change them under warranty....you couldn't make it up, we bought the car so that we would have reliable transport because my wife doing the fostering, seems like we have nothing but unreliability
I fairness to the dealer they cannot change any component under warranty when no fault is current.

Fault codes are not always accurate and may reflect a fault somewhat else that then causes another component to operate incorrectly.

I may have missed this in the thread but is this a diesel engined car?

I understand what you are saying but they have the report from the mobilo technician confirming that when he drove it it wouldn't change gear and also the he zeroed the Nox sensors to enable us to take it to the dealer its a mute point the dealership say the mobilo technician shouldn't have deleted the codes but got the vehicle recovered either way my wife and I have been put into an impossible position through no fault of our own how were we to know that the codes should not have been deleted I also think the mobilo man thought he was helping us out by making it driveable to get it to the dealership to get it fixed .
Yes it is a diesel

I understand what you are saying but they have the report from the mobilo technician confirming that when he drove it it wouldn't change gear and also the he zeroed the Nox sensors to enable us to take it to the dealer its a mute point the dealership say the mobilo technician shouldn't have deleted the codes but got the vehicle recovered either way my wife and I have been put into an impossible position through no fault of our own how were we to know that the codes should not have been deleted I also think the mobilo man thought he was helping us out by making it driveable to get it to the dealership to get it fixed .
Yes it is a diesel
But you are looking at it (understandably) from one point of view.

The Mobilo technician (almost certainly not employed by Mercedes) did what they thought best.

Mercedes UK will only reimburse the dealer for labour and parts required for repair if the dealer can demonstrate that a fault exists and, currently, there are no faults to fix. That is assuming that Nox sensors are currently avaliable as they were in short supply.

Unfortunately you have chosen a vehicle type that has extremely complex and sensitive systems fitted to achieve an emissions target and those systems and sensors are prone to faults and failures.

The Mercedes Adblue system (along with other manufacturers) have some common and expensive problems with level sensors etc

Thank you for your help and taking the time answer I do know the mobilo technician is mercedes trained it's just a chain of events that unfortunately went against my wife and I
Thanks once again for your advice it is very much appreciated

Thank you for your help and taking the time answer I do know the mobilo technician is mercedes trained it's just a chain of events that unfortunately went against my wife and I
Thanks once again for your advice it is very much appreciated
The Mobilo technician will have received training in the use of Mercedes diagnostics but they usually work for a sub contracted company (ie the RAC)

If the car suffers a further failure that requires MB to keep it in for repair then insist on an equivalent level courtesy car 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom