• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W246 B180 thermostat replacement

Ceebe

Car
2013 B180
Evening,

My wife's 2013 B180 has started throwing a P0128 code. Have bought a new thermostat from MB (at £110ish! No pattern parts seem to be available?) and had a quick look this evening to see how long I think it will take.

The thermostat seems to be buried, perhaps underneath the intake? Does anyone have a write up or how to for this job? Google doesn't seem to have much to say...

Thanks in advance.

These are the WIS docs for changing the thermostat on a W246 with a 607 engine.

Attachments

These are the WIS docs for changing the thermostat on a W246 with a 607 engine.

Thank you. Have had a look and realised I perhaps wasn't clear - my B class is the B180 petrol - the 1.6l turbo petrol unit.

Are the WIS from a programme/site that is publically accessible?

OK, these are for the 270 engine:

Most diyers access WIS via bootleg copies found on eBay etc.
Thank you so much for your help! It's a bit more involved than I was anticipating...

I'll have a look at finding WIS; the car will be around for a while so probably worth investing.

Soory I was so brief this morning, rushing to get out for an appintment.

MB have a history of complicated installations on their smaller cars, Many W168s have been written off due to the cost of droppping the engine and gearbox to get at various parts.

PS Think this one is referenced in the main doc above as well.

Attachments

OK, these are for the 270 engine:

Most diyers access WIS via bootleg copies found on eBay etc.
Have been having a look at the instructions, and until I can get home and get a copy of WIS is there any chance you could provide the below referred to in the instructions you've provided?

AR09.41-P-1312-01MT
AR20.00-P-1010NKB

Very cheeky I know! But if you get a chance I'd be mega grateful.

Soory I was so brief this morning, rushing to get out for an appintment.

MB have a history of complicated installations on their smaller cars, Many W168s have been written off due to the cost of droppping the engine and gearbox to get at various parts.

PS Think this one is referenced in the main doc above as well.
Not a problem - I appreciate your help.

1010NKB was in first tranche, 1312-01T was posted halfan hour ago.

Evening,

My wife's 2013 B180 has started throwing a P0128 code. Have bought a new thermostat from MB (at £110ish! No pattern parts seem to be available?) and had a quick look this evening to see how long I think it will take.

The thermostat seems to be buried, perhaps underneath the intake? Does anyone have a write up or how to for this job? Google doesn't seem to have much to say...

Thanks in advance.

hi mate did you ever rectify the problem you was experiencing with the thermostat?
I can see it was like to years ago but if you did sort it out and still can remember, how much did it cost to fix?

Its not a nice job. We have done a few of them. It takes about 3-4 hours plus parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom