• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Want, Want, Want

Yes, I saw that one too.

What a motorcycle icon the RC30 is.

Wow, that takes me back. I love the RC30 but have never had the pleasure of riding one.
Funnily enough, the last time I saw one it was parked near a Norton F1 and the old yellow/blue/chrome duckams Norton at Silverstone.

There's another zero miles one on, at £45k. Don't all rush....

If you wanted one to RIDE (ridiculous idea!), as opposed to take to shows on a trailer, there are plenty of low-mileage examples on eBay at (relatively) sensible prices.

I wouldn't want a zero miles one as I would feel I couldn't use it. But to be fair they are a Pita on the road (that is assuming the gear ratios are the same as an RC45)
Would be nice to have one to take for a blast now and again and have it as an ornament in the dining room the rest of the time!

Cant stop thinking about the noise they make now! Twin under over works exhaust fitted would be awesome!

I'm still in pain from riding my mates……..one had a NC35 and another the RC30, many moons ago. Both were a blast but the RC30 was sublime. The way they just leapt up the rev range was incredible.

T'was a relief to get back on the FJ1200 I had then just so I could untie the double reef knot in my legs.

Doesn't stop me picking up the rose tinteds and harking back to the halcyon days when I could actually have got my leg over the thing without counting one, two, three first!

I'm sure I had the game for the Atari ST as a kid. RVF not VFR because it was the racing version of the bike (might have used up all my motorcycle knowledge in one there!)

First computer racing game with a tilting horizon.

Which was the one with the square pistons? Edit/ old memory failing me. Think it was the NR 750 with oval pistons. I want one of THOSE.

Last edited:
8c9.jpg

Fwiw I've had one ( VFR400, that is) and currently still have a CBR400rr.
Those little Japanese pocket rockets were cracking little bikes in their time.
They still are great bikes, & iconic.
However..
They really are very small (I don't mind a small bike, but many people find them rather cramped), and whilst they were smaller, better & lighter than the European market bikes of that era, bikes have developed substantially in the 35 years since.
20 years ago a VFR400rr on the track was a weapon. These days it is a usually a bit of a rolling roadblock.
For example, my little Triumph 675 is lighter in weight, has better brakes, better handling, over twice the torque & getting on for twice the power. (Not opinion, facts).

Having pointed that out, I have to admit that all those little pocket rockets are still really great bikes imho

Nice bike! I am a bit 'mature' for something like that now, i like comfort more than having my face pulled off. I would love one just for 'whenever' the urge took me.

I discovered my favourite bike 24 years ago, other bikes have come and gone, but my trusty Yamaha XJR1300 is still with me! I was almost tempted away by a Honda Super Blackbird ...almost

Which was the one with the square pistons? Edit/ old memory failing me. Think it was the NR 750 with oval pistons. I want one of THOSE.

Thats the one - NR 750 it was.

Had the pleasure of getting up close to one at the Scottish MC show in the early 90`s , what a thing it was.

Still looks sharp today.

K

Road a few of the RC 30 750 in my year or so selling bikes when I was between proper jobs! Handed great... but not fast... even compared to other 750s of the time. The RC 45 that followed was slow too... and heavier than the 30!....but there were a lot of trick parts available from Honda to hot it up. The little Nc45 was a nice thing... that 400 V4 couldn't pull a sailor off you sister... and was too small for anything more than short trips....but it handled well and made me look like a hero as I ground my sliders to atoms on the way to Box Hill. More often than not if I took an NC45 to Box I sold it while i was there!

NC45.
1000011718.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom