Wanted. Propshaft for 1998 W202 auto saloon.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetleysmooth

Car
Non Mercedes.
I think I have a problem with the rear donut on my propshaft, so rather than buying said item off of ebay or elsewhere, and then finding out there's problems on other parts of the prop, I've decided to try to get a good secondhand unit.
I'm not holding out much hope here, but if anyone has broken one of these models and has a good prop available, would you give me a shout please.
As title says, the car is a 1998 W202 C200 auto saloon.
Thanks in advance.

Still looking for a propshaft.
I've messaged loads of breakers on ebay, and not a single reply !!
Are propshafts a taboo subject? :)

Why don't you just replace the coupling if thats worn? They are cheap from ECP.

What is happening when you drive? Are you getting a vibration from the prop? The centre bearings do wear and are a doddle to replace.

Symptoms. If I give the car too many beans when I pull away, there's like a rumble, you can feel it too. After a couple of gearchanges, the rumble stops and all is well. When I bought the car, I went through the paperwork I received with it and found a mention of a split rear donut, so I had that replaced last Saturday, but the rumble is still there. Might be the gearbox mounting, centre bearing, a driveshaft or the diff itself. I don't know. I haven't got the facilities or inclination to crawl under cars any more, so I though buying a complete good prop might cure the problem.

Symptoms. If I give the car too many beans when I pull away, there's like a rumble, you can feel it too. After a couple of gearchanges, the rumble stops and all is well. When I bought the car, I went through the paperwork I received with it and found a mention of a split rear donut, so I had that replaced last Saturday, but the rumble is still there. Might be the gearbox mounting, centre bearing, a driveshaft or the diff itself. I don't know. I haven't got the facilities or inclination to crawl under cars any more, so I though buying a complete good prop might cure the problem.

I's say that the centre bearing had worn out. Available from the main dealer and easy to fit. The prop has to come off to do it.

I received the centre bearing today. Is there anyone in the Rainham, Essex area who could fit this for me please? I'm not being lazy, I can't lay under cars any more. I get claustrophobia and it makes me feel very rough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom