• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What E-class do I have (7G or 7G+) and when do I need an ATF?

benjaminD

Car
None at the moment.
Hi folks,

I am still newish here and need a little help. I'm lost in figuring out what eclass I have and when I need to go in for an ATF change.

The Datacard is attached. Thanks to @AMGeed for finding it!

What is the difference between the 7G & 7G+ when it comes to gearbox oil changes?

I massively appreciate all the help I get here!

Cheers,

Ben.

Attachments

As yours is a 4 cylinder diesel, if it has the gear lever on the steering column, it is 7G+. If the gear lever is on the floor between the front seats, then it’s a 7G.

As yours is a 4 cylinder diesel, if it has the gear lever on the steering column, it is 7G+. If the gear lever is on the floor between the front seats, then it’s a 7G.

The gear lever is on the steering column :) thanks for that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confusion is rife !

Stop - start is 7g+ and both are
5 years / 77, 500 with 236.15 ATF .

Ok wicked it seems I do have the 7g+ which is good for servicing

My transmission number is 722908 06 064453 which is different to the number you quoted, is that still ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As others have said your 2014 E-Class is Due its ATF change at 5 years or 77,500 miles.

So now I know that I do have the 7G + does anyone know what oil is used for auto transmission? I would like to know as I am using an independent garage and want to make sure they know the oil they should be using.

I know I have a little time before this needs doing but want to be prepared for it.

Cheers,

Ben.

Clearly I need to read better.... Thanks!
No problem.

Sometimes searching on the fluid specification number can help bring up a choice of suppliers. As long as the fluid meets that specification it is fine to use, after all MB do not make oils etc :)

No problem.

Sometimes searching on the fluid specification number can help bring up a choice of suppliers. As long as the fluid meets that specification it is fine to use, after all MB do not make oils etc :)

Ah nice tip will have to do that! Cheers for all the advice :)

Some very useful info in this thread, now I know that I have a 7G+ gearbox. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom