What is this for??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oeygarden

Car
Mercedes Benz 2008 S320 CDi
My 08 S-class have a cradle in the armrest (for an iPhone 4, I think), but next to it is a cable. Anyone know what it is and what it can be used for?
I was hoping to connect my phone trough Bluetooth to the car, so finding the iPhone-cradle was a disappointment (I use Samsung).

Also if anyone have tips for connecting phone to car for calls and music?
cable W221.jpg
Ignore the Bluetooth-device in the background, I just got one to see if it would fit my car. It did not.

Its to connect an iPod or USB cable to COMAND (depending what is on the other end). Part of the media kit, there should be a port somewhere (armrest?) to connect it into.

Can possibly help more if you post a photo with the MB bluetooth module out of the way so we can see what's below it. It could be a UHI connector, possibly with a phone cradle already clipped to it (if so there will be a very small release button you push down and slide the cradle towards the rear of the car to release it).

Its to connect an iPod or USB cable to COMAND (depending what is on the other end). Part of the media kit, there should be a port somewhere (armrest?) to connect it into.
But the other end of the cable goes into the armrest next to the cradle for the iPhone.
So is the end on my pic suposed to go into a device, since the other end is going to the car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom