What Size tyres E220 w212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

haggis0073

Car
E220 W212 2013
After some advice please

so I got 3 kumho winter tyres on the car (245/45/17)
And 1 Mitchellin tyre (225/50/17)

No idea why this is, only had car 4 weeks and only just realised 🙈

Going to replace all 4 tyres and have no idea which size I should have on, or does it not really matter which I choose? As long as all 4 are the same size

Have a slight rumble feel when turning left at slow speeds and now wondering after looking at tyres if the 225 size tyre on passenger front is what is causing it

And advice appreciated

Think I found the answer which is 245/45/17 all round

Lesson learnt.... Research before asking🙈🙈

admin can delete thread if needed

Last edited:
..Have a slight rumble feel when turning left at slow speeds and now wondering after looking at tyres if the 225 size tyre on passenger front is what is causing it...

The 225 tyre will be around 1" taller than the 245 tyre, so it could be fouling the wheel arch or the strut. That said, the issue can also be a failing front wheel bearing.

The 225 tyre will be around 1" taller than the 245 tyre, so it could be fouling the wheel arch or the strut. That said, the issue can also be a failing front wheel bearing.
Will it not be just 10mm taller. 1” would be noticeable.

I thought possibly wheel bearing also, will get all 4 tyres changed in the week and get them to check 👍🏼

Just thought I would update, I got 4x hankook MO tyres fitted to car and now that rumble feeling has gone, was clearly the tyres. Now drives lovely 😁

Your handbook will list the tyre combinations that are suitable for the car and the different wheel sizes supplied.

Just thought I would update, I got 4x hankook MO tyres fitted to car and now that rumble feeling has gone, was clearly the tyres. Now drives lovely 😁
Good............ Which specific Hankooks ?

Ventus S1 Evo 2 all round, got them for £107 fitted each

Thanks - I was merely curious...I am running on 4x ventus s1 evo 3's K127

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom