• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

What's Your Current Earworm?

EndlessMoneyPit

Car
1991 W124 230e & 1991 C124 230CE
Got an earworm? Often annoying, sometimes just one or two lines from a song on repeat in your head - sometimes from a song you dislike :wallbash: or an old favourite you haven't thought of for years🥰 The only cure is giving in and going to YT to hear it all the way though.

Mine is currently Paper Sun by Traffic. Probably started by the news about Jeff Beck (RIP) and me sub-consciously thinking it was a Yardbirds song - doh. Not annoying, an old favourite.

What's yours right now? Annoying or not?

Got an earworm? Often annoying, sometimes just one or two lines from a song on repeat in your head - sometimes from a song you dislike :wallbash: or an old favourite you haven't thought of for years🥰 The only cure is giving in and going to YT to hear it all the way though.

Mine is currently Paper Sun by Traffic. Probably started by the news about Jeff Beck (RIP) and me sub-consciously thinking it was a Yardbirds song - doh. Not annoying, an old favourite.

After the News coverage today it's " Hi Ho Silver Lining" :rolleyes:

All the time. So my then constant low volume whistling drives the Wife absolutely barmy. 😉

After the News coverage today it's " Hi Ho Silver Lining" :rolleyes:
Had a bit of that, too. "Flies are in your pea soup baby, they're wavin' at me...." Could be worse.
All the time. So my then constant low volume whistling drives the Wife absolutely barmy. 😉
My husband does that. Tunelessly, through his teeth 😖
Mississippi by Pussycat.
Driving me bloody mad
Yuk, my commiserations. I had one of a similar vintage last week. You Just Might See Me Cry by Our Kid.
Yellow by Coldplay
Annoying or not? I get the one about being caught in a spider's web now and then. Don't know what it's called tho.

To the posters who aren't familiar with the term: Don't you get them? Or just don't use that name?

Thanks for all replies. It's a bit too far for me to go to BOTG, but being a stranger I didn't know if anyone would reply.😊

Reactions: Ted
To the posters who aren't familiar with the term: Don't you get them? Or just don't use that name?
I hadn’t heard the phrase, but have known people say that they have a song stick in their head. I personally don’t get them, but one thing I do get is when I remember a de words from a song but I can’t blooming remember what the song is!

Thanks for all replies. It's a bit too far for me to go to BOTG, but being a stranger I didn't know if anyone would reply.😊
Although you might not think it from the Woke thread, MBClubbers are a very inclusive and welcoming bunch 👍🏻

Last edited:
Hell no, not annoying. I Bloomin love Coldplay.

Maybe I’ve misunderstood the point of the game? 🤪
Ha, no point really. Just idly wondering...I get earworms all the time and my partner rarely does. It wouldn't annoy me either..
Although you might not think it from the Woke thread, MBClubbers are Albert inclusive and welcoming bunch 👍🏻
🤣 I don't judge. But then again, I'm not particularly woke.

Ha, no point really. Just idly wondering...I get earworms all the time and my partner rarely does. It wouldn't annoy me either..

🤣 I don't judge. But then again, I'm not particularly woke.
Blooming autocorrect is having a field day with me all of a sudden. Sone beautifies appeared yesterday and it changed “very” to “Albert” in the post you quoted!

Walk of life - dire straits at the moment.

A deliberate ‘ear worm’ song was the chicken song from the original spitting image which contains the lines
When you hear this song your brain will spring a leak,
And although you hate this song
You’ll be humming it for weeks.

I won’t link to it because it does what it says and is dangerous (like Monty pythons worlds funniest joke)

Walk of life - dire straits at the moment.

A deliberate ‘ear worm’ song was the chicken song from the original spitting image which contains the lines
When you hear this song your brain will spring a leak,
And although you hate this song
You’ll be humming it for weeks.

I won’t link to it because it does what it says and is dangerous (like Monty pythons worlds funniest joke)
Either of those would annoy. Sultans of Swing is the only bearable song of theirs for me. Will anyone here own up to buying (or even liking), the Chicken Song? Who buys this stuff? 😱 Or am I being a miserable old git? ☺️
I like traffic lights
I like traffic lights
I like traffic lights
But only when they're green

If you know, you know......
Well thanks a bunch :wallbash: I'd mercifully forgotten that "song". Was that off the Contractual Obligations album? Stupid me, I bought that when it was released. Too young to realise the title was a warning. Unfunniest album ever.

That traffic light tree is cool though👌

If you visit us at Blackpool Zoo,
you'll see all you've seen before,
and some you've never seen before,
if you visit us at Blackpool Zoo.

But I only did that to annoy a few of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom