• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

When you're on service plan is it normal for invoice to have no detail at all on what was done?

Car
2016 C205 220d Coupe
Hey guys pedantic question for you all: when you're on a service plan is your invoice which normally lists every little bit of work that was done even if it's free to basically just have nothing on it?

My invoice basically just says 'service B was done' and has nothing about what was actually done. This is my first time on a service plan and my last service which I paid for was very detailed in the breakdown of what was done and checked. So I have no idea if things like air filter, brake fluid etc were done even though they should have been. It lists dust filter replaced because I had to check that box when booking it in online, but I'm pretty sure it needed air filter as well at the very least. My ESS is a bit out of kilter because the previous owner skipped one service in 2020 (covid) so the additional items are all over the show now.

Is that normal or was someone at West London Mercedes being a bit lazy because it's on service plan? 🤔

It’s been perfectly normal on everyone of the 11 services I’ve had so far on service plans. A very bare invoice. I always get a comprehensive service list with items ticked off, but no indication of individual or total prices.

It’s been perfectly normal on everyone of the 11 services I’ve had so far on service plans. A very bare invoice. I always get a comprehensive service list with items ticked off, but no indication of individual or total prices.
Cool thank you for confirming! Just gotta trust that it's all been done lol. My service sheet is similar, it just lists dust filter for this one and "Addwork in accordance with Mercedes-Benz AG specification accomplished".

Cool thank you for confirming! Just gotta trust that it's all been done lol. My service sheet is similar, it just lists dust filter for this one and "Addwork in accordance with Mercedes-Benz AG specification accomplished".
The invoices I receive when the car is serviced on a service plan list the scope of work but without prices, eg

B-service
Air filter
Brake fluid

Did they not give you a print out of the digital service book - this will show the additional mileage/time dependant items.

The invoices I receive when the car is serviced on a service plan list the scope of work but without prices, eg

B-service
Air filter
Brake fluid

Did they not give you a print out of the digital service book - this will show the additional mileage/time dependant items.
Hmm maybe it depends on dealership group? This one was Sytner. My service sheet only said dust filter done, past service sheets I have printed out specifically listed brake fluid which was due (I was wrong about air filter - that's next year).

Hmm maybe it depends on dealership group? This one was Sytner. My service sheet only said dust filter done, past service sheets I have printed out specifically listed brake fluid which was due (I was wrong about air filter - that's next year).
The electronic service book (or print out) will confirm what was actually done. Service Care Plans no longer follow ESS, since December 2023 they now follow what the car says it needs when plugged in to Star.

Most people don’t realise or care or care about the service operations actually performed and so don’t notice, but those who do care and do know do notice and it causes all sorts of problems for the Service Advisors to sort out.

There was notification to customers as far as I am aware - I certainly didn’t receive anything - so if yours is not as expected then direct your disappointment to the Service Care Plan team rather than the Service Advisor in your dealership.

The electronic service book (or print out) will confirm what was actually done. Service Care Plans no longer follow ESS, since December 2023 they now follow what the car says it needs when plugged in to Star.

Most people don’t realise or care or care about the service operations actually performed and so don’t notice, but those who do care and do know do notice and it causes all sorts of problems for the Service Advisors to sort out.

There was notification to customers as far as I am aware - I certainly didn’t receive anything - so if yours is not as expected then direct your disappointment to the Service Care Plan team rather than the Service Advisor in your dealership.
Well that's interesting... I only just recently purchased my service plan and on the website at least it still said 'all items according to ESS' 😅

It's *probably* fine and they did do the brake fluid it just happened to not show up on documentation. I mean it's a safety thing right, one would hope laziness/error didn't trump customer safety. Last year's service sheet on MercedesMe (they never gave me a printed copy - also Sytner) is missing stuff like greasing the sunroof rails which was definitely done and does show on previous years service sheets (not Sytner), so it is possible for things to have been done but not show correctly on the service sheets.

The only other thing I have is workshop code 606 but I've tried searching and can't figure out what this includes.

Well that's interesting... I only just recently purchased my service plan and on the website at least it still said 'all items according to ESS' 😅

It's *probably* fine and they did do the brake fluid it just happened to not show up on documentation. I mean it's a safety thing right, one would hope laziness/error didn't trump customer safety. Last year's service sheet on MercedesMe (they never gave me a printed copy - also Sytner) is missing stuff like greasing the sunroof rails which was definitely done and does show on previous years service sheets (not Sytner), so it is possible for things to have been done but not show correctly on the service sheets.

The only other thing I have is workshop code 606 but I've tried searching and can't figure out what this includes.
The lubrication of the panoramic roof is time dependent, so it’s not due every service.

The lubrication of the panoramic roof is time dependent, so it’s not due every service.
Oh I know, my point was that I know it was done last year (I could see the grease - it had dripped onto my headliner lol), it showed on my invoice but isn't on my service sheet in MercedesMe which only says it had an oil change. Previous service sheets at another dealer group do show the sunroof lubrication as an additional item. So I'm wondering if this dealership group is just not great about ticking things off properly on the service sheets and I don't really need to worry about the brake fluid not being done. But I might bring it up, presumably they can access a proper list of everything that was done.

Yeah guys I'm gonna bring it up with the dealer tomorrow or Monday, cos either brake fluid wasn't changed when it should have been or it was changed but it isn't checked on the DSB. And then it's just opening up an opportunity for shenanigans later with a dealer claiming that work was missed and I will have no proof it was done. I'll update when I hear back!

Well they're ignoring me at the moment lol. They gave me a whatsapp contact at the end of my service and told me to use that if I had any questions or concerns, so I did and they just ignore it 🙃 Anyways I think I figured out what workshop code 606 means, it's just service B (which includes dust filter) + oil change and nothing else. It would have been E0E for the same including a brake fluid change. So I guess they did what the car told them to just as @Bobby Dazzler said, I just wonder why the car didn't specify brake fluid since the last one was 2022's service (and that one was a slightly earlier date in May 22 so it's not like it's waiting for it to tick over 24 months exactly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom