• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Which VOIP provider?

Red C220

MB Enthusiast
Car
2021 Mazda MX-30 EV, 2014 FF
Following on from my Installing a second phone line thread, it's apparent I need a VOIP provider.

Up until yesterday I had no idea what voip was - so I now need to pick a company to provide me with calls.

I need two phone lines and a fax line.

UK calls only, no international calls at all.

Calls to landlines and mobiles equally.

Any advice people?

I currently use Sipgate, but am having trouble getting call forwarding to work the way that I want.

I will be moving to SoHo66 shortly as there call forwarding can deal with voicemail on the mobile. I've seen good reports, but obviously can't really say for certain...

We use VOIPTalk. Numbers are quite cheap and routing is fairly simple.

Usual VOIP pitfalls apply though. (It's not all its cracked up to be. ;))

From your other thread, one thing I would be wary of is linespeed.

If you stick a router on an extension it adversly affects download capacity, which can affect call quality. Same applies to Wireless.

You really need to be either running a Cat 5e cable from the router in the house to the office, or have the phone line moved so that the Network Termination (i.e. the Master Socket) is in the office for best speed.

I've used both sipgate and voiptalk (Telappliant) in the past and both have given good service - voiptalk are slightly better as their support people actually know what they're doing and they also inform you ahead of time about scheduled maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom