• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Which will be fastest?!

Maff

MB Enthusiast
OK, not a win (yet) as such, but next weekend me and markbe (SL600 Kleeman) will be running with this little lot at Bruntingthorpe air field, so who do you think will come 1st 2nd and 3rd then at top speeds in 1.5 miles???!!

BMW M6
Porsche 993 GT2
996GT2
996GT3
996 Turbo DMS
997s
911 Turbo 2
Ferrari 360CS
Ferrari F40
Ferrari 550
Ferrari 430
Ferrari 360
Merc SL65
Merc SL600Kleeman
Merc SL55Kleeman
Merc CL65DMS
Lamborghini Murcielago
Aston DB7 Vantage
AMV8
Rousch Dodge RAM
Noble
TVR Cerbera
Lotus Esprit
Lotus exige
Audi RS4
Ultima
BMW M3 CSL
Elise

Mmmmm.. nice line up ! I think it will be very close ! Good luck :D

Yeah, I think it will be pretty close too, either the F40 or 996 GT2, plus the SL600 will be close!

F430 will be interesting up to 160 though!!!

First, Second and Third will definately be the F40 , your car Matt, and the 996 GT2....

But in what order i wouldn't like to say , there will be very little in it i reckon !

I'm going with the Ultima if it's a GTR, the F40 then possibly the 996 Turbo DMS, SL65 / CL65DMS / Ferrari 550. Without knowing mods it's hard to judge!

Fiat 126 Fiat 126 Fiat 126 no u'll win this time... :D

OT where's the colour control on advanced reply? I had to type the HTML manually (fortunately it worked).

Its got be a toss up between the CL65 and one of the tuned 996s from that lot, depending which way the wind is blowing...

The Fezzers/Lambos will sound and look the part, but unlikely to get anywhere close at the top end.

Best of luck :D

Maff said:
OK, not a win (yet) as such, but next weekend me and markbe (SL600 Kleeman) will be running with this little lot at Bruntingthorpe air field, so who do you think will come 1st 2nd and 3rd then at top speeds in 1.5 miles???!!

BMW M6
Porsche 993 GT2
996GT2
996GT3
996 Turbo DMS
997s
911 Turbo 2
Ferrari 360CS
Ferrari F40
Ferrari 550
Ferrari 430
Ferrari 360
Merc SL65
Merc SL600Kleeman
Merc SL55Kleeman
Merc CL65DMS
Lamborghini Murcielago
Aston DB7 Vantage
AMV8
Rousch Dodge RAM
Noble
TVR Cerbera
Lotus Esprit
Lotus exige
Audi RS4
Ultima
BMW M3 CSL
Elise

It's a tough call without sight of the individual specs, but the Murcielago is known for it's mad top end, and the DMS 996 Turbo (the 550bhp version..?) should get to 200+MPH quicker than most. The Kleemans - not being the SL65 versions - are probably no faster than your CL, so I'd say it'll be between the Lambo and the DMS 996 Turbo, with the Mercs close behind.

1st - Lambo
2nd - 996 Turbo (DMS)
3rd - One of the three non-standard Mercs :D

smartbrabus said:
The Fezzers/Lambos will sound and look the part, but unlikely to get anywhere close at the top end.

Perhaps not the Ferraris, but the Lambo Murcielago has been clocked at between 205-212 MPH. You'd be surprised how much power a 2 tonne+ Mercedes will need to get into the same ballpark; 600-650 bhp might not be enough, as mad as that sounds...

Last edited:
Maff said:

BMW M6
Porsche 993 GT2
996GT2
996GT3
996 Turbo DMS
997s
911 Turbo 2
Ferrari 360CS
Ferrari F40
Ferrari 550
Ferrari 430
Ferrari 360
Merc SL65
Merc SL600Kleeman
Merc SL55Kleeman
Merc CL65DMS
Lamborghini Murcielago
Aston DB7 Vantage
AMV8
Rousch Dodge RAM
Noble
TVR Cerbera
Lotus Esprit
Lotus exige
Audi RS4
Ultima
BMW M3 CSL
Elise

If you've had your CL65 brought up to the 730 BHP mark then if its about fastest ultimate speed then i'd say you would be in the running to be in the top three. Others will get there quicker though as acceleration is about power/weight. Good luck

Dont fancy the elise in that line up. Paltry.

The standard Ultima GTR is the world's fastest production car from 0 - 100mph and back to 0mph. It also acheived 192mph at Bruntingthorpe in the wet!

If any of those cars are tuned by RUFF then I would put my money on that car.

BearFace said:
Perhaps not the Ferraris, but the Lambo Murcielago has been clocked at between 205-212 MPH. You'd be surprised how much power a 2 tonne+ Mercedes will need to get into the same ballpark; 600-650 bhp might not be enough, as mad as that sounds...
No doubt it has the capablility, just not in 1.5 miles, I'd wager... :cool:

Admittedly the Murc. does have 4WD on its side, but its not got all that many horsepower IIRC (~500ish?) and 200+ is where it really counts - for every extra mile per hour at the top end of these machines, you need an extra 20bhp (or some such ratio)

I suspect gearing could play a part at these speeds also...

Gearing isn't going to do much - you're either capable of reaching 200mph or not (and that's a realistic speed to achieve at Bruntingthorpe in perfect conditions) - aerodynamics / frontal area / cd will have a larger influence, factored by it's weight.

miro said:
If any of those cars are tuned by RUFF then I would put my money on that car.

Maffs car overtook the Ruff Porche at 192mph last time out. The video is on here somewhere! Ruff 0 Maff 1.

Maff- have you had the car lowered for this run and did you get the air box changed to see you over 200mph.

BTW. Take care and loads of videos please:D

Ultima

stats007 said:
The standard Ultima GTR is the world's fastest production car from 0 - 100mph and back to 0mph. It also acheived 192mph at Bruntingthorpe in the wet!

Looks very impressive, (thanks for the vid), I'm just glad he wasn't braking for a corner, could've been interesting..... :)

I still say the Lambo. ;)

I'm a Maff fan, so logic goes out of the window. Go Maff go ;)

Hi Stats,
Excellent link and what a car. It made me smile when they described the car "All of the times were set by a standard, factory built, fully road legal, road tyred Ultima GTR built using all of the high spec factory specified and proven parts. The car was even equipped with heavy luxuries such as air conditioning"

I was expecting to see more than what it had. The interior was to say the least minimalistic. No problem with that. None whatsoever, the car does what it is designed to do, but equipped with luxuries is not the most accurate of descriptions when talking about a 'super car' :) quote: leaving all other super cars in its wake.

I think the Ultima GTR is a lean mean flying machine that is way, way cheaper htan the opposition and must be worthy of consideration when looking at Maff's list.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom