• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Which will be fastest?!

Unfortunately there's no way that video can give any idea how fast it is. It doesn't look to be going anything like 100mph. Not a lot we can do about that I suppose, short of a static birds-eye view. But then it's all over so quickly!

Love the Ultima stuff - claimed top speed of 231 mph :eek: Good FAQ on their website e.g.
Will my Ultima travel over speed humps?

The Ultima Can-Am and GTR have both been designed as road cars so will therefore clear any speed-humps and other obstructions such as ferry ramps.
Rest assured that Ultima staff do spend a lot of time posing in town centres worldwide just to prove this point.

BearFace said:
Perhaps not the Ferraris, but the Lambo Murcielago has been clocked at between 205-212 MPH. You'd be surprised how much power a 2 tonne+ Mercedes will need to get into the same ballpark; 600-650 bhp might not be enough, as mad as that sounds...

Think Matts was putting out 730-750 bhp last time ....

That Ultima may have up to 720 bhp (depending on engine option), in a much smaller and lighter car ...

...and I'll be the witness!!

The RUF tuned GT2 managed an astonishing 202mph last November, with Matt not very far behind. The F40 will be interesting to see, although I think we will be disappointed as its running out of top gear at nigh on 200....

We shall see. Markbe's SL600 I'm really looking forward to. A poor mans SL65 for semi-sensible money, without a doubt.

BTB 500 said:
That Ultima may have up to 720 bhp (depending on engine option), in a much smaller and lighter car ...

Hmmmmmm ........ that will be a tough nut to crack then ..

I revise my option then , if the Ultima is a GTR (and lets face it, why would you buy anything else :rolleyes: ) then i think that might be standing over everyone else with a sock full of snooker balls shouting ' I'm the daddy now ......'
;)

Sorry Matt ....... time to fit the NOS kit surely ... :eek:

Howard said:
Hmmmmmm ........ that will be a tough nut to crack then

Yup. With the 685 bhp engine they did 0-60 in 2.8 secs, and 0-100 in 5.8 secs. It weighs around 990 kg.

Tell you another great British film that not very many people know about ..... Gangster Number One with Paul Bettany and Malcolm McDowell....

Paul Bettany is proper scary ....

'Fry an egg on my stomach ....... F***ing roasting ..... boiling ......'

Legend ....

Have you seen 'The Business' thats another great British gangster film ...

Have particular interest in 'the Business' as i recognise all the areas it was shot in - parents live in Puerto Banus. I love Danny Dyer's little tennis look outfit!Need to get me some tiny white white white shorts!!!

Good film too.

Best role in all of them is Ben Kingsley as Don in SB though....no no no no no no yes you ****

The bit in the quarry where they are shooting each other to test out the flak jackets made me spit my beer out with laughter .... :D

'He was so hard, even his nightmares were scared of him ....' - Legend ......

Last edited:
BTB 500 said:
Yup. With the 685 bhp engine they did 0-60 in 2.8 secs, and 0-100 in 5.8 secs. It weighs around 990 kg.
0-60 is meaningless, we're talking about top speed here! I don't even think that weight makes a massive difference where top speed is concerned.

Shude said:
0-60 is meaningless, we're talking about top speed here! I don't even think that weight makes a massive difference where top speed is concerned.

With a limit of 1.5 miles it makes a big difference - acceleration is the key, which 0-60 is an indication of, although 0-100 and potential top speed would be more useful.

Shude said:

With only a 1.5 mile strip available, surely acceleration (and deceleration) ARE important. As mentioned the quoted top speed for the Ultima is 231 mph, and they have already done 204 mph on a 1.5 mile straight (presumably Bruntingthorpe):

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/record/poster1lr.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom