Škoda Yeti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My brother has an older shape 2.0TDi and my father in law has a newer shape 1.4TSi. They both really like them. I'm not aware of any issues either have had. The flexibility of the rear seats and the shape of the load area is excellent and makes for a very useful load lugger.

I can't understand why Skoda replaced such a characterful car with the anonymous Karoq. Both the above Yeti owners would go for another Yeti but have no interest in the Karoq.

My brother has an older shape 2.0TDi and my father in law has a newer shape 1.4TSi. They both really like them. I'm not aware of any issues either have had. The flexibility of the rear seats and the shape of the load area is excellent and makes for a very useful load lugger.

I can't understand why Skoda replaced such a characterful car with the anonymous Karoq. Both the above Yeti owners would go for another Yeti but have no interest in the Karoq.
The Vitara replaces our Kia Soul that was written-off last month.

Neither the Soul nor the Yeti are available post-2018.... Soul cars are thing on the ground at this age and the last of the Yetis go for quite a high price.

I am speculating that manufacturers are ditching the (very practical and very useful) boxy rear end in favour of sloping designs due to the ever-increasing pressure on reducing emissions figures.

The sloping design probably generates less drag than the boxy rear, resulting in slightly better mpg and emission figures.

Incidentally, the 1.4L Turbo is the better engine, but the 1.6L NA attracts lower insurance group and this was a consideration for us as we want our children to be able to drive it.

....any particular Suzuki or Vitara forums I should sign-up to? ;)

....any particular Suzuki or Vitara forums I should sign-up to? ;)

Other than the one Gaz suggests, :D I haven't found a particularly useful one. The cars are very popular in Russia and India, but the specs are not always the same. Many of the main dealers sell OEM parts on Ebay so it's worth keeping an eye on there if you need any bits. These guys especially:
parts_sims_suzuki on eBay

Other than the one Gaz suggests, :D I haven't found a particularly useful one. The cars are very popular in Russia and India, but the specs are not always the same. Many of the main dealers sell OEM parts on Ebay so it's worth keeping an eye on there if you need any bits. These guys especially:
parts_sims_suzuki on eBay
Thanks.

Well I joined a couple of forums and posted there... but no reply yet :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom