00 CLK 230k convertible.. SOFT TOP DOESN'T OPEN COMPLETELY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oleolsen

Car
00 CLK 230 Kompressor convertible
Hi all!
I'm new on this forum, also I'm a foreigner (Norwegian living in gran canaria).
Just bought myself a clk convertible, AS the weather here is pretty good, but I seem to be the only the only convertible driver going with the top CLOSED =))))))))

Here's the thing:
All electric and hydraulic regarding the soft top has bin changed/ replaced/ fixed.
So, I open the hatch and push soft top up 10 cm like recomended...windows come down...rear window go vertical..
Cover opens...rear window slide down, and the rest of the soft top as well...cover close....AØMOST...FAILING aprox 5-7 centimeters....and that's it...can't drive like that!!

Some additional info:
Being a European car, the passeneger window on the right side get blocked half way down ( but aperently sufficiently for opening the cab...
The rest of the Windows work fine
I can open and close, interupt and do whatever with the soft top...up or down...no problem...

Now, I am an absolute imbesill when it comes to mecanics and DIY, but I need to know what this might be, to make a qualified desicion whether to get this fixed, if it is a small thing.....or to replace the entire soft top...

I absolutely love the car, and hope to have some real clever solutions here on this forum.
Thanks in advance

Ole

Hi all!
I'm new on this forum, also I'm a foreigner (Norwegian living in gran canaria).
Just bought myself a clk convertible, AS the weather here is pretty good, but I seem to be the only the only convertible driver going with the top CLOSED =))))))))

Here's the thing:
All electric and hydraulic regarding the soft top has bin changed/ replaced/ fixed.
So, I open the hatch and push soft top up 10 cm like recomended...windows come down...rear window go vertical..
Cover opens...rear window slide down, and the rest of the soft top as well...cover close....AØMOST...FAILING aprox 5-7 centimeters....and that's it...can't drive like that!!

Some additional info:
Being a European car, the passeneger window on the right side get blocked half way down ( but aperently sufficiently for opening the cab...
The rest of the Windows work fine
I can open and close, interupt and do whatever with the soft top...up or down...no problem...

Now, I am an absolute imbesill when it comes to mecanics and DIY, but I need to know what this might be, to make a qualified desicion whether to get this fixed, if it is a small thing.....or to replace the entire soft top...

I absolutely love the car, and hope to have some real clever solutions here on this forum.
Thanks in advance

Ole
Ole, does the car beep at you when the bow cover is down as far as it will go as if to say 'there is a problem' or does the car think the roof is now closed?
Can you (or an assistant) 'help' the bow cover down with a little extra force to close it fuly when the roof gets to the last stage... only a little force mind?
Does the bow cover open & close easily when the roof is up?
Can you stop the roof operation halfway so that the bow cover is open and you can see down into the working and see anything that may be bent or broken or signs of anything catching or rubbing?
When you had the electrics and hydraulics fixed who did it and can they not have a look at this if the issue for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom