07 W164 Fan heater

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M666LFF

Car
Ml 320 2007
how loud normally is the heating/cooling fan when on full speed ? Mine to me seems to be excessively loud when on Auto either demisting the windows or the ac is cooling , normal auto running there is hardly any sound .
I am just wondering if this is normal?
Just had a Google for fan noise and I can't find very much to be honest so just asking on here before I go pulling the fan unit out

Its difficult to comment if its normal or not without hearing it. Are your dust filters clean?

Hello
Yes they are .
I pulled the unit out earlier today and found it had a spring clip screw retainer stuck in fan blades , so I have had the unit out and cleaned it all up .
All seemed to be OK so I refitted it only to have disintegrate the fan so it is all out again .
I have a section of the fan missing now so I need to locate this if I can using my inspection camera and locate a spare unit .
I have no idea why it disintegrated but looking at the plastic it does appear to be cracked , the bearings seem fine and nothing is catching that I can see or feel.

Ok so new s/h fan motor complete unit fitted and this is so much quieter , it is still loud ish but only on full blast , before it sounded like a jet engine and I refused to have it on highest speed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom