159 to CLS 350 Grand Edition !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Footski

Car
Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 Ti
Evening Ladies & Gentlemen,

Well after nearly 4 years of fantastic Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 Ti ownership the time has come to replace my "pretty car" with something a little more special. Having wracked my brain and having trawelled through 1000's of used car ad's the one & only automobile that suits my needs is the mighty CLS 350 Grand Edition.

I need at least 250+BHP and something fully stocked with the day to day gadgetry we all take for granted these days as well as an engine that pulls and see's off the swarms of BMW's that our land has been invaded with and of course will also give me 35+ MPG for the 20-25k miles a year I have to do..............and of course looks the business :thumb:

I've spotted a few nice examples on the old tintyweb and have sorted out a loan giving me enough cash (plus part ex) to spend in the region of £17-18k. I'll be honest I haven't driven a CLS or even sat in one, but know that I want one !!

Being new to Merc's and only ever having driven a CLK 430 some years back I thought I'd join a decent forum and get the thoughts of those in the know.

So............

What serious or common faults should I be looking out for other than the obvious things when buying a used car.

Which tyres have proven to be the best and what sort of cost per corner am I looking at.

Are there any decent (cheap-ish) independant speciallists in the S/West (Wilts/Glos) that can look after my potential CLS purchase.

Remapping available and what sort of increases in BHP & MPG are possible.

standard average calculated MPG. There's always good average total calculated MPG info on every car forum !!!

Basic parts cost breakdown.........etc

Ummmmmmm.........General newbie stuff that I should know about :p

I'm gonna miss the old Alfa which has been fantastic & quick with it's DPF removal & re-map kicking out over 250BHP, but I simply can't wait to start trying out some CLS's and hopefully pushing the button on a new purchase in the next few weeks.

Many thanks in advance to those that take the time to reply and hopefully I'll be on here a lot waxing lyrical about my entry into the World of Mercedes Benz ownership.

Cheers :thumb:

Footski

Nice...................

I'm only looking to buy from a dealership and hopefully part ex the Alfa. The search continues.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom