2004 ml 270 lights stuck on auto mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bran.c

Car
ml270cdi 2005
Hi
I have a 2004 ml270 and when the ignition is on the headlights automaticly come on and wont swith off, working fine when ignition off but switch makes no difference when running.
Any ideas?

Best Guess.
It could well be the AAM (all activity module) as it controls the lights, not a cheap fix if it is.
I suggest a trip to STAR, electrical things are really difficult to sort out when like this.
You could try an auto tech somewhere, as long as they have a decent code reader. If it is the AAM, then you will need the code off it, and order one the same, it has to be installed by STAR.
Check bank account first !!!!!.
Of course, could well be something else, some one on here will have a suggestion i am sure

You can set it to do this in the settings on my Clk.
May be the same on your ML?

I have read somewhere that if the auto headlight sensor becomes faulty, then its default is to ON.
Think its located upper center of screen somewhere, not sure

Thanks, should have said lights work fine during the day, at night the headlights come on regardless of switch position

Oh, now I do not understand. What about if switch on stalk is in off place. Do lights come on when dark as soon as key turned to ignition on. If so, you will have to have it plugged in to Star or something that will read car to find out why. It should work as normal unless auto lights is selected.

Oh, now I do not understand. What about if switch on stalk is in off place. Do lights come on when dark as soon as key turned to ignition on. If so, you will have to have it plugged in to Star or something that will read car to find out why. It should work as normal unless auto lights is selected.
Yeah when its dark headlights come on with ignition, switching the switch makes no difference.

It sounds like the sensor and AAM are both faulty. Again, you need to have it read.

Any update on this as I am sure someone else will have this problem ( me I expect)

Had it on star, showing fault as light/rain sensor problem. Looks like someone has been trying to get at it before I had it, cover has a couple of screwdriver marks on it

Well I have a new problem now, when I turn off the ignition the front sidelights and rear lights stay on, dashboard lights dont so not sure what to do now?

Possible fault with rotary light switch, I have the same problem and will be changing it tomorrow on a s204

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom