• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2004 V8 CLK 500 Convertible, the best in the UK!

NotFiona

Car
CLK 500
The best V8 CLK 500 convertible in the UK…

… well that is a bold claim but let me explain why I believe it’s true.

Some of you might recognise the car, I bought it from Gav on here last year. He did a detailed build thread on it that I’ll link to below. It is a September 2004 car in Jasper Blue over Grey. The spec is perfect! It is the bulletproof 5.0 litre M113 V8 (not the later one with the chain issues) but mated to a 7 speed transmission giving excellent economy and super smooth changes.

Heated seats of course and the excellent upgraded Harman Kardon sound system with a subwoofer in the back seat, front and back parking sensors and best of all the swivelling Xenon headlights. These work brilliantly (!) Best headlights of any car I’ve every had.

It is ULEZ compliant and also compliant with LEZ in the regions such as Bristol and Birmingham but as it’s pre 2006 it’s also in the lower £395 tax band. I found it also qualifies for classic insurance with Hagerty (I pay under £200 a year agreed value).

The big positive of this car though is condition. Just over 80,000 miles and you can see straight away that it has always been cherished and I believe almost always garaged overnight. As the MOT man said it’s better than most 3 year old Mercedes that he sees, it of course passed with no advisories. There is no rust, no issues. Disks and pads have been replaced all round within the last 2 years and over last winter the wheels were refurbished in a light grey to match the trim around the windscreen and new premium Continental tyres fitted to OE spec.

Various new bushes have been fitted as required, including the engine mounts, the engine and transmission were serviced last October. Battery, wipers all replaced in the last year or so. It has wanted for nothing.

A Mercedes wind deflector included.

Paintwork has a deep shine, interior looks perfect. Previous owner spent many many hours detailing the car, and it really shows. Many parts of it look factory fresh!

Car has a premium audio system with navigation, this still all works great. It also has aux-in with a Bluetooth dongle fitted. The phone mounts in the picture I can leave in the car or remove them if you wish so the car is completely original.

Simply everything works perfectly, there are no faults or issues, nothing needs attention.

Extensive history file back to the first owner. All original books and as you would expect, full service history. Both keys. On sale the car will revert to the original registration, KY54YGR.

Reason for sale relates to the reason for purchase. Last year I was looking for a car for a road trip through France, Luxembourg and Germany and then staying with friends near Stuttgart and exploring the area for a while. I wanted a car that was comfortable and quiet on the motorway slog through France, fast when we hit the unrestricted autobahns in Germany but also small and convertible for the mountain roads when we were nearing the Alps. The CLK500 did this perfectly, zero issues, 32mpg with the cruise control set on the French motorways, then rock steady at 125mph+ in Germany. 28mph overall. Utterly brilliant. But I have 6 other cars and there is something else I now fancy and because of a strict one in one out policy, as I like to garage all my cars, it’s time for the CLK to go.

I am near Malvern in Worcestershire, car can be viewed pretty much any time.

Price. I’ve thought long and hard. If you have been looking you will know many CLKs out there are now dog rough and so need significant lumpy money spending! I’m not competing with those. Mine is not “cheap” but I reckon terrific value at £7500 and over the next few years will cost you much less than the lower priced ones, especially as it becomes more recognised as a classic German muscle car

Don’t compromise on a 4 or 6 cylinder, go for the V8! You’ll be glad you did, it’s the one that feels special and the one that in future everyone will want.

Registration not included, on sale it'll revert to KY54YGR

Serious enquiries only please.

Build thread for this car:

P1220737 (Large).JPGP1220735 (Large).JPGP1220743 (Large).JPGP1220742 (Large).JPG

Attachments

• P1220736 (Large).JPG
    P1220736 (Large).JPG
    571.8 KB · Views: 13
  • P1220738 (Large).JPG
    P1220738 (Large).JPG
    528.4 KB · Views: 17
  • P1220744 (Large).JPG
    P1220744 (Large).JPG
    400.2 KB · Views: 16
  • P1220741 (Large).JPG
    P1220741 (Large).JPG